the_end world directory 127mb - no player ever visited the_end...

Gunre

Not sure if this should be on this forum or the Tekkit bug board... sorry if it's in the wrong spot.

Today I was tracking down why my Tekkit server was using up all available ram, and ran acrossed the bukkit /mem command. Here is what it output:

Current TPS = 32

Maximum memory: 5,086 MB

Allocated memory: 5,086 MB

Free memory: 490 MB

World "world1": 1369chunks,363entities

World "world1_the_end": 6091chunks,70entities

Nether "world1_nether": 220chunks,81entities

I'm still not sure if that output is listing total chunks for the world or loaded chunks, but I suspect that its loaded chunks. In either case, the_end has 6091 chunks? wtf? No player on my server has even been to the end. I took a look at the_end directory tree and it was 127mb. I watched file activity for a while and region files in the_end directory were being written to an awful lot.

Has anyone ever seen the_end balloon in size like this with no player interaction?

My bukkit plugin setup is similar (same but trimmed down) to my previous non-tekkit server, and I never saw this issue, which makes me wonder if a tekkit mod is involved.

Here are my bukkit plugins:

cenotaph

cityworld (only handles worldgen for the normal world)

essentials/essentialsspawn

lockette

modifyworld/pex

nethrar

simplebackup

towny/townychat

worldedit

worldguard

vault

register

questioner

This could be a similar issue... Last night I was upgrading my tekkit server and forgot to shut it down. Surprisingly, everything seemed to copy over fine except the_end was locked because it was in use. Similar to you, neither me or the other individual on the server have been there. Odd. I'll have to check the file size but overall the entire tekkit server including world is sitting at just 40MB (maybe I'm just talking world files).

An update on this-

I still have no idea what the source of the_end bloat is, but I think it was still occurring after deleting the_end and removing a suspect plugin. After deleting the_end, the size of the newly generated the_end world was 2.5mb, and /mem showed it using 625 chunks. Over the course of 24 hours, with no player interaction in the end, the world size had grown by 2mb, and the chunk usage had grown by around 100 chunks.

I have now disabled the_end in bukkit.yml :|

After disabling it and restarting the server, typical post startup java.exe cpu usage is down by around 30%

So, yeah, still no clue whats up with it, but I'm leaving the_end turned off.

Update again-

Turning off the_end at first did not appear to break anything, but apparently something with (at least) the transmutation tablet requires the_end to be on, because using the tablet only half works with the_end set to false in bukkit.yml. Item's cannot be targeted for creation in the right pane of the gui, but turning items into emc still works, and transmutation from displayed items in the right gui still works. Weird O.o