Download failed

joris_H

Question

Launcher Version: 1.0.1.3

Operating System: Windows 7 64 bit

Java Version: JRE7

Antivirus Program: AVG

Description of Problem:

Download fails after I click Login, When it says "there is a new version of Technik SPP, download now?" if I click "yes" the download fails, when I click "no or cancel" i get some weird screen with codes like notepad.

Error Messages:

Error Log:

3 answers to this question

You need to disabled AVG while you run the launcher. AVG is known to interfere with the launchers downloads.

If you need help disabling it for the duration of running the launcher, let me know.

EDIT: ah just read your post in someone elses thread.... you can try this here http://www.avg.com/ww-en/faq.num-3857

and if that doesnt work, right click it down in the system tray (by the clock) and select disable from there.

Well I tried to but in my advanced settings (AVG) there is no "temporarily disable AVG" option. I looked it up on youtube and I am in the exact same window and I have the exact same AVG so I don't know why I don't have that option but it isn't there.

Edit: I changed my AVG language to English and it showed the disable option, it was in a weird translation so I couldn't figure it out. After I installed it and it worked, thank you for your help! Really apreciated, but for now I'm going to enjoy Technic ^^

Best regards,

Joris