[SOLVED] Unable to authenticate (I'M PREMIUM...)

moomoohk

Question

Hey guys

I have a legit minecraft account (minecraft.net/haspaid.jsp?user=moomoohk) and I got the technic pack today for the first time.

I ran the launcher selected tekkit from the drop down and logged in with my minecraft account. Everything sailed smoothly. I had to get java 1.7 for my server to work and when I did it told me I had a couple of mods missing. So I quit and switched to dev build.

This time when trying to login I got an error saying the launcher was unable to authenticate my credentials with the minecraft server.

I logged in on vanilla minecraft just fine. I relaunched the technic launcher. I restarted my router. I cleared the cache via the launcher. Nothing is helping.

Is this temporary? Is anyone else experiencing this? Did I cause this? Is there anything I can do about it?

Any help is appreciated. I'm really itching to play.

Thanks

EDIT: Holy shnitzel I figured out what was causing this: I set Java 1.7 to be default because of the server but when I switched it back to 1.6 the launcher worked fine! This means that when I want to login I have to switch to 1.6 and when I wanna start a server I have to switch to 1.7. Annoying....

3 answers to this question

I am also having a problem connecting to the server though the launcher.

I want to try your solution however i do not know how to set either java as the default.

Is there anyone who could clarify this?

Get the 1.7 openJDK (I forgot from where) and it should extract straight into your javavirtualmachines folder.

To set which version of java you want your computer to use open up the "java preferences" app then in the list drag the one you want to the top. So to log in to the launcher make sure 1.6 is at the top and to open the server make sure 1.7 is at the top.