Forge Version

SapphireTerraria

Hello,

I have been having a couple of issues with my modpack, Magology, which are now fixed. All but 1. I can't seem to figure out how to make it run forge and not 1.7.10 (the vanilla version that is)? I've looked through the modpack versions, no forge. I've looked through the forums and ways to do it, and tried some, but again - no forge. 

Thanks in advance.

Edited by SapphireTerraria

• Moderators

The Bin folder should have the forge universal .jar, renamed to modpack.jar. Your bin folder only has the vanilla minecraft .jar

Your mods folder is empty. Instead, you put them in \magology\mods. Move them in the mods folder at the root, and get rid of the magology folder. 

The directory structure should look like this:

Bin folder has renamed forge universal for 1.7.10 (modpack.jar)

Config has all the config files that are generated once the pack is successfully launched once. 

Mods has all the .jar files for your mods. Don't put mods in subfolders. Forge won't see them. 

Zip it all up, Name your zip file modpack.zip, and upload it to dropbox. Increment your modpack version number in your Technic profile. 

Report back if you get new errors or issues that you are stuck on. 

The Bin folder should have the forge universal .jar, renamed to modpack.jar. Your bin folder only has the vanilla minecraft .jar

Your mods folder is empty. Instead, you put them in \magology\mods. Move them in the mods folder at the root, and get rid of the magology folder. 

The directory structure should look like this:

Bin folder has renamed forge universal for 1.7.10 (modpack.jar)

Config has all the config files that are generated once the pack is successfully launched once. 

Mods has all the .jar files for your mods. Don't put mods in subfolders. Forge won't see them. 

Zip it all up, Name your zip file modpack.zip, and upload it to dropbox. Increment your modpack version number in your Technic profile. 

Report back if you get new errors or issues that you are stuck on. 

I have already done the bin folder with the modpack.jar forge, but I had to create the bin folder because it didn't exist (I had run the modpack before)

For me, the config files are in there...?

Most mods are Jar files, some not but they're not in sub-folders.

Zipped, dropbox(ed?) already.

• Moderators

There should be no folder called magology. Move everything in there out and put them in the appropriate top level folders, and delete that magology folder. 

Bin

Config

Mods

No magology folder. I'll post pics of the correct directory structure if you need it.