'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

IRAndrew

Question

Title: 'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Version: 3.1.2

Java Version: the latest version..

Description of Problem:

the command prompt that comes up after I hit "launch" in the tekkit server folder says this:

'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

I have tried re-downloading Java twice now, so it is the latest version. I'm not sure what to do now, and I have five friends that won't get off my dick about hosting it. (I'm the only one living at home while in college, therefore the only one able to host a 24/7 server, so that all can enjoy some gameplay whenever they want)

Please.. for the love of whatever may be holy, help me. :(

Error Messages:

Error Log:

5 answers to this question

Ahh... this one. Okay, well, as it turns out, the batch script they ship with the server may as well be a text file saying hello world for the good it does. Try this:

@ECHO OFF

SET BINDIR=%~dp0

CD /D "%BINDIR%"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar tekkit.jar

PAUSE

If you are running 64 bit java, replace Program Files (x86) with Program Files