Technic Launcher opens up for a half of a second closes

HelloMyNameIsSteve

Question

Launcher Version: 3.1

Operating System: Windows 7 64 bit system Intel Graphics Card

Java Version: JAVA update 24

Antivirus Program: Norton

Description of Problem:

Technic Launcher opens up for a half of a second and says "checking launcher version" and closes.

This is most likely not a problem with norton because I have already tried disabling the firewall and the anti-virus auto protect.

Also is there a version to just place into the minecraft .jar that would make it a lot easier

Error Messages:

Does not display an error message

Error Log:

There is no .techniclauncher /logs folder

5 answers to this question

No, there is not a version to just place in the minecraft.jar as

a) It is more work than using the launcher, which allows

you to launch multiple modpacks, instantly update, and works for most people (and when it doesn't, the solution is very easy)

2) it would make it infinitely easier for people with a cracked version of Minecraft to play this modpack. as no cracker with the skill to crack the technic launcher cares about technic/tekkit, pirates mostly give up on technic and play the DNS pack, the pirate friendly version of technic.

The easy fix is to do as described in the Common Problems and Solutions thread, open the .techniclauncher folder and just double-click techniclauncher.jar.

The harder fix is more interesting though. What is your Windows username?

I already checked the common problems and solutions page and none of them work for me as I have the latest version of java for 64 BIT and the .jar folder is there

I already checked the common problems and solutions page and none of them work for me as I have the latest version of java for 64 BIT and the .jar folder is there

You didn't finish reading my post. Rather insulting, don't you think? Particularly, you missed the part where I suggested you open your .techniclauncher folder (which is found in Explorer at %AppData%\.techniclauncher) and double-click on technic-launcher.jar rather than using TechnicLauncher.exe as you have been doing.

You didn't finish reading my post. Rather insulting, don't you think? Particularly, you missed the part where I suggested you open your .techniclauncher folder (which is found in Explorer at %AppData%\.techniclauncher) and double-click on technic-launcher.jar rather than using TechnicLauncher.exe as you have been doing.

I did read the post except for some reason my computer defaulted to opening with 7-zip instead of java I opened it with java and it works fine now.

Thanks