Launcher doesn't start up

Setari

Question

Launcher Version: N/A don't know downloaded from website

Operating System: Windows 7

Java Version: Latest

Antivirus Program: N/A no antivirus

Description of Problem:

The launcher when I try to open it says tekkit launcher updater has stopped working, closes out, nothing else happens.

Error Messages:

In description

Error Log:

There is no log.

18 answers to this question

I am getting a “Technic Launcher has Stopped Working Error”!

If your launcher is encountering this error, a solution is to download the .jar file from http://www.technicpack.net/download/ (pick the third from the left (Linux/Jar)). If you are using Internet Explorer you will also need to change the file extension (the ending of the file) to .jar instead of .zip. Once you've done that, all you need to do is double-click on the file to run the launcher.

...You download the Linux/jar and then double click that (unless you used Internet Explorer, if you did you need to change the file extension so that it ends with .jar and not .zip)

Im having the same problem as JIBHJ. I did what you said(downloaded the Linux/jar), but when i double click it it opens up and shows four folders. com META-INF org SevenZip What do i do from here?

Im having the same problem as JIBHJ. I did what you said(downloaded the Linux/jar), but when i double click it it opens up and shows four folders. com META-INF org SevenZip What do i do from here?

Are you sure you changed the file extension to a .jar? If you did, you probably have Windows set to open .jar files instead of running them. Simply go back to the .jar, right click, and select the run option.

Are you sure you changed the file extension to a .jar? If you did, you probably have Windows set to open .jar files instead of running them. Simply go back to the .jar, right click, and select the run option.

i dont understand. the Linux/jar downloads a rar file titled "technic-launcher-latest.jar." am i supposed to get this?

If so when i right click this it gives me no options to run it.

i dont understand. the Linux/jar downloads a rar file titled "technic-launcher-latest.jar." am i supposed to get this?

If so when i right click this it gives me no options to run it.

You should not get a .rar file (although technically .jar is a .rar file, but I won't go into that in detail, too complicated). If you are using Internet Explorer, make sure that you change the file extension from .zip to .jar.

You should not get a .rar file (although technically .jar is a .rar file, but I won't go into that in detail, too complicated). If you are using Internet Explorer, make sure that you change the file extension from .zip to .jar.

any other ways of converting it to a .jar file?

when i tried downloading it with internet explorer it gave me two file types, rar and all

also, how do i set it to were the files arent downloaded as rar ones with google chrome?

any other ways of converting it to a .jar file?

when i tried downloading it with internet explorer it gave me two file types, rar and all

Well, the easy solution is to download firefox or chrome, and use one of those. The difficult solution is to try to find a program that converts .rar files into .jar files.

Well, the easy solution is to download firefox or chrome, and use one of those. The difficult solution is to try to find a program that converts .rar files into .jar files.

couldnt i extract the files into a regular file and convert that into .jar?

if so, how hard would it be to find a program that does that?

couldnt i extract the files into a regular file and convert that into .jar?

if so, how hard would it be to find a program that does that?

I don't know, as I've never had an issue downloading the .jar. Best bet is to just use firefox or chrome, as they respect file types.

Edit: You're using google chrome? That's odd. Usually the file extension change is just an Internet explorer thing.

what if im using chrome? it still gave me the .rar

That's unheard of. I honestly don't know what could be wrong. Usually Internet Explorer is the only browser that doesn't respect file extensions. Short of using a RAT to access your computer to see what you are doing differently (no one else has had this problem before [the file extension being changed to a .rar]) there is nothing more I can do to help. Sorry.

That's unheard of. I honestly don't know what could be wrong. Usually Internet Explorer is the only browser that doesn't respect file extensions. Short of using a RAT to access your computer to see what you are doing differently (no one else has had this problem before [the file extension being changed to a .rar]) there is nothing more I can do to help. Sorry.

i guess ill try firefox... thanks for the help:)