Technic Launcher Updater not responding

boemsh123

Question

Launcher Version: 1.0.1.0

Operating System: Windows 7 Home premium 64bit

Java Version: jre7

Antivirus Program: Norton antivirus

Description of Problem:

Well im playing now for 2 weeks on tekkit and it was working very well, and now I deleted .techniclauncher folder cuz I mess arround in the .techniclauncher and it wasnt working very well, so i redownloaded technic launcher, and when I run tekkitLaucher.exe a window popup and it says, Technic Laucher Updater not responding.. , I looked in my .techniclauncher and it hasnt created a .jar file only a file called logs,and 1file in there called laucher_init.txt :s ,there is nothing standing in the .txt file, hope anyone can help me ;/

Thanks already!

Error Messages:

Technic Launcher Updater not responding

Error Log:

in the logs folder theres only 1.exe  file without anything in it :/

2 answers to this question

[FIXED]

Thx to Jorcer!

I tried this be4, but i didnt read the (pick the third from the left (Linux/Jar))... typical me;/

If your launcher is encountering this error, a solution is to download the .jar file from

http://www.technicpack.net/download/ (pick the third from the left (Linux/Jar)). If you are using Internet Explorer you will also need to change the file extension (the ending of the file) to .jar instead of .zip. Once you’ve done that, all you need to do is double-click on the file to run the launcher.

[FIXED]

Thx to Jorcer!

I tried this be4, but i didnt read the (pick the third from the left (Linux/Jar))... typical me;/

If your launcher is encountering this error, a solution is to download the .jar file from

http://www.technicpack.net/download/ (pick the third from the left (Linux/Jar)). If you are using Internet Explorer you will also need to change the file extension (the ending of the file) to .jar instead of .zip. Once you’ve done that, all you need to do is double-click on the file to run the launcher.

Hey guys! Its the rare, good bug poster :) Glad I was able to help you and it is nice to see someone who took the initiative to search around!