Everything is wacky on my server

So i just got a brand new server, completely new plugins and everything, so im not used to them. I really do not know where to start with fixing these issues so ill just throw them out there. The first issue is that everytime i make a nickname, it resets back to my normal name after i log in. If i do /afk after logging in my nickname comes back though. Another issue is that /powertool simply does not work. It says it worked, but when i try to use the powertool, nothing happens. Also, nobody but OP's can make colored text with &. I gave everyone the essentials.chat.color perm but nothing happened. One last thing, is the ranks. I haven't made all the ranks for my server yet so i started with /pex group Sergeant create. Then did /pex group Sergeant set rank 100, /pex group Sergeant set inheritance Corporal(the rank before sergeant). And finally i did /pex group sergeant add <all my perms>. But for some unknown reason, nobody on the sergeant rank can talk! But people on Corporal can. If someone could please help it would be GREATLY appreciated as i am very lost with this.

Here are my plugins:

ChatManager

craftscripts

Essentials

Jobz

LWC

McMMO

Modifyworld

MultiInv

Multiverse-Core

Multiverse-NetherPortals

Multiverse-Portals

Multiverse-SignPortals

PermissionsEx

PlotMe

WorldEdit

WorldGuard

PluginMetrics (not sure if this is a plugin or not, but it was in the list)

Thanks for your help!