Press any key to continue...

Tiberius_JN

Question

Version: 3.1.2

Java Version: 1.7.0_07

Description of Problem:

When I double click "Launch" in my Tekkit Server folder It asks for Admin rights I grant it, and this happens.

C:\Users\James Nunn00\Desktop\Tekkit_Server_3.1.2>java -Xmx3G -Xms2G -jar Tekkit

.jar nogui

C:\Users\James Nunn00\Desktop\Tekkit_Server_3.1.2>pause

Press any key to continue . . .

For a more in-depth look at how this happened to me follow this link http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/wtbl-want-to-buy-a-lan.27579/ ,and read the first 7 replies.

!~! Read my SUM below if you don't feel like evaluating the other forum. !~!

I have thus far used a program to uninstall Java, Tekkit Server folders, and all extenstions fully. I then reinstalled multiple times, just to have the same thing happen.

!~! SUM: I think what happened to me was this... I being unaware, noobish in haste installed "Minecraft Server" from the Minecraft.com site. I then used the "Minecraft Server" It loaded the world, and then I closed out of this too quicky... W.O using "stop" I then possibly did the same thing with the Tekkit Server "Launch" once it opened up the cmd.exe. Since then I do believe I've been stuck on "Press any key to continue...". Everything past the Minecraft Server section in the followed paragraph is not 100% due to the fact this has been dragged out over the past couple of days, and memory does not serve at the moment. !~!

Any advice and/or solutions would be outstanding. Thank you for your patience reading this! If any further information is required please ask.

6 answers to this question

Something is wrong with Java. Either your PC can't find it, in which case you need to add it to the system path variable, or you have the wrong bit version, in which case you need to remove it and reinstall the correct one, after a reboot. Without more information on what's been tried specifically, though, it's going to be hard to troubleshoot.

I've tested my Java I have the right bit version, I do believe. After looking back on my original post I'm feeling as if it has something to do with my I.P? These Servers Forward the ports to 25565 since I know there is nothing wrong with those ports, since I can run the Tekkit Server off of a labtop sitting beside me. Trust me I would use this labtop for the rest of my days if it weren't my womans. Okay so we know that the difference between the two computers is as follows: The current IP, and the fact that I manually stopped a "Minecraft Server 1.3.2" before it was finished. My only thought so far is to try changing my current Router IP which I'm about to try. Does that stir up any extra thoughts?

Well changing my I.P. didn't work jeez lou petty sanda marity...

Something is wrong with Java. Either your PC can't find it, in which case you need to add it to the system path variable, or you have the wrong bit version, in which case you need to remove it and reinstall the correct one, after a reboot. Without more information on what's been tried specifically, though, it's going to be hard to troubleshoot.

Let's talk a little bit more about your Path idea here please. So I'm currently at:

1. Select Computer from the Start menu
  2. Choose System Properties from the context menu
  3. Click Advanced system settings > Advanced tab
  4. Click on Environment Variables

I'm looking right now at

-CLASSPATH, and for some reason it's Value is set to .;C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\lib\ext\QTJava.zip

-My QTJAVA value is set to C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\lib\ext\QTJava.zip

-Path value is set to C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\

I only have one path value. If I see where you're going with this next step would be to change Classpath, QTJAVA to my jre7 files somehow?

@echo off

If exist "C:\program files (x86)\java\jre7\bin\java.exe" echo "C:\program files\java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -Xms3G -Xmx3G -jar "%CD%\Tekkit.jar" nogui > launch2.bat

If exist "C:\program files\java\jre7\bin\java.exe" echo "C:\program files\java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -Xms3G -Xmx3G -jar "%CD%\Tekkit.jar" nogui > launch2.bat

echo pause >> launch2.bat

I just coped my Launch.bat file in my server folder named it launch2 put that code in there my server works now and I can finally host the Server!!! So excited, but I'm still curious what happened to me, and when I update to the next updates of tekkit am I going to go through this problem again? Ughh. For some reason after I did that my Technic Launcher is only allocating 528MB of Ram, and the max it will let me put it to is 1.5g's. It's also acting really funny now, going to look into that now.

Ughh. For some reason after I did that my Technic Launcher is only allocating 528MB of Ram, and the max it will let me put it to is 1.5g's. It's also acting really funny now, going to look into that now.

You have both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Java. That would be why the maximum allocation is there.

Edit launch.bat (or launch2.bat, whatever you want to call it) with this:

"C:\program files\java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -Xms3G -Xmx3G -jar Tekkit.jar nogui

pause

Make sure it's in the same folder as the Tekkit.jar, and run it. That should be it.