Stuck on Logo

Soloiggypop

Question

Launcher Version: 3.1

Operating System: Windows 7 PC

Java Version: I think it is 7 update 10

Antivirus Program: Norton

Description of Problem:

Ok, basically guys, my friend helped me and he told me to delete anything with technic in it (including .TechnicLauncher on roaming) and then to redownload the techniclauncher .exe file and open it. He got me further, i.e. it said downloading launcher- the it finished and had the loading ring, then the logo of tehnic appeared quickly then dissapeared, the loading ring appeared again in the middle of the screen and the logo appeared once again but now t stays there and i am unable to remove it, the only way to do so is by restarting the machine which i have done several times. Please may someone reply soon as i have been on this case for weeks.

Error Messages:

N/A

Error Log:

N/A

10 answers to this question

This is what is happening to me right now, i have restarted my pc twice though and its still not working?

Get your own thread

OP: Use the edit button next time

OP: Turn off Norton and redownload. Sounds like your AV is blocking the Launcher.

doubt it, it allows it through the firewall then it replugs itself, ther is even a little tik in the corner when i downloaded it. Besides when i first tried to get tehnic launcher the same error occured. yes i have tried the mac version and it doesnt work.

Did you try the Linux version? The mac version would never work on windows... Have you tried turning off your AV? Just because it doesn't say anything it still can block the download of certain files. You would get the launcher but it would have corrupt/incomplete files.

yes i ttried the .jar version. If i never had an AV and it didnt work then whos to say it still doesnt work, but ill try it just for you.

It can't hurt to try right? The reason I am saying this is because it is a very well documented issue with certain AV's (including Norton) that causes this issue.