Technic gets stuck on the Technic logo box and won't even bring me to the log-in screen.

Popcorn

Question

Launcher Version: 7.2.6 | 1.2.5 (Rec)

Operating System: Toshiba Satellite L855D-S5220 /64-bit operating system/Amd a8 4500m apu graphics card/

Java Version: jre-7u9-windows-x64.exe

Antivirus Program: Zone Alarm

Description of Problem:

Every time I try to run the technic launcher it gets to the technic launcher Logo and just freezes there, it won't get past that to the log in screen and just stays in front of every window I open. (Don't know why java does it like that) I can run vanilla minecraft no problem so I know java is downloaded.

Also note this is a new laptop and I have never been able to run the technic launcher before on this computer.

Update: Another thing is that when I attempt to run the launcher, the .techniclauncher folder shows up in the %appdata% and it has 3 empty file folders and the launcher properties file but thats it though. I have tried to delete that folder from the appdata and start re-install but I get the same problem. Also I am using zone alarm for security but I don't really think thats the problem.

That was not the version of java I looked at it wrong. I changed it though so is the up to date enough?

Error Messages:

none

Error Log:

none.

3 answers to this question

Well shoot it actually worked. I turned everything off from zone alarm (firewall/ anti virus) But do I have to keep those things off or will the launcher work now that I started it once?

update yes it does work. Thank you very much Jorcer, I was thinking about trying to do that but I just didn't get to it I guess.

Well shoot it actually worked. I turned everything off from zone alarm (firewall/ anti virus) But do I have to keep those things off or will the launcher work now that I started it once?

update yes it does work. Thank you very much Jorcer, I was thinking about trying to do that but I just didn't get to it I guess.

No problem :) Glad you got it fixed. Have fun