Other mods that work with tekkit?

Andrew

I have installed both Kaevator slopes (angled blocks for minecraft instead of all 90 degree angles*cubes* you can have triangular shapes like the water forms when flowing down a hill

and secretrooms. I have a how to on here for slopes but have not made a howto for secret rooms. Trick was finding a port for bukkit, and making sure it was the older version that tekkit uses. then making sure the block IDs are changed to fit into the list of tekkit IDs so as not to conflict.

Also on the note of making the game more interesting, I have two servers so far that one runs basic tekkit (for the noobs afraid or lacking info yet on, how to mod their tekkit client) and one with those above mentioned mods *(modding your client necessary) right now it still is as is but I am adding groups with permissions nodes to make classes

so, basically a starter human can make basic tools and use them but no magic. or they can specify as a starter human miner or fighter, and get access to higher level tools or weapons at the expense of the other. (*miners get up to diamond pickaxes but can only use leather armor and wood swords while fighters get up to diamond swords but can only have wooden pickaxes) they still have to make all their own tools but this creates something to build on. each will have either rank points to get to the next level (or add a level so they could be a starter miner and add starter fighter class when they have the rank points to gain a rank again) and each level has various point needs *higher the group permission node the more rank points they need to be added to them)

this will go on till say they want computer block and crafting skills, say which shows dependencies, as in to be a computer tech you have to have obtained both electrician level and level 2 (able to make lv transformers, generators electric furnaces and maceators, and lv solar cells as well as bat packs, all the way up to basic circuits, and THEN level 2 electrician *(or possibly only electrician and then electronic engineer as the second level) adds all teh stuff that is MV and HV as well as advanced circuits, so you have to obtain both those levels before you can obtain computer tech, then you can build it all.

the EE will be an advanced alien race that you have to buy costing a LOT, BUT it will not stop you from finding and using the tech so you can not hold or have DM and RM but you can have and use a RM pickax if you find it, and claim land (griefprevention plugin) around an unclaimed condenser and or collectors, (placed by admin to fill up the world with stuff like say at a ruin of some sort.)

Not sure if that would interest you to make it more fun to play or not but if you want more details you can keep up over at www. borgsteamfactory.com/skyway.html and I will when done have downloadable config files as well as links to all the needed stuff and instructions on where to put everything. For now I am letting people build what ever they want, and when this is instituted and I move everyone I will let them know a couple days before so they can use any DM or RM to make things with before it gets nicked by the move to the new group system :)

(there is info on how ranking works but feel free to hit me up with questions, on the www. borgsteamfactory.com/contact.html page)

PS. this is for any questions like installing the mods I found and fixed to work in tekkit, to joining the servers, to getting info for setting your own server up, to even joining our server network with gates so people can come visit you or your players can come and visit our servers.