Fix for Tekkit on OS Mountain Lion? (Mac)

NotoriousMrChocobose

Question

Launcher Version: 1.0.2

Operating System: Mac OS Mountain Lion 10.8.2

Java Version: 1.6.0_37

Antivirus Program:

Description of Problem:

So, as many of you may know from the many people on this forum believing that their Tekkit/Technic launcher has an issue, Mac has released a recent update for their OS Mountain Lion that has totally screwed with Java, thus rendering it very difficult for us Mac users to play Tekkit.

What I am noticing is that there are MANY different fixes for this, but from the few that I have tried, none of them work very well. So, what I was wondering is if people who know of any fixes at all would post them as a reply to this thread so that there can be one kind of cohesive place to look for different ways to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance, and please, try to keep comments about Mac's being pieces of S*** to a minimum. We all know you are entitled to your own opinion, so please try and keep it as such.

--Chocobose

Error Messages:

Error Log:

3 answers to this question

Don't sign your post. Also, pretty sure this is not the place for this. This is for submitting bug Reports. The forums have a useful feature called a search bar for this very situation, try using that.

Tried for the last few days to do that exact thing. Mostly it's all the same stuff.... you know, "This isn't the place for this", "This doesn't belong here", etc. 1) Where would this belong, and 2) no one has really come up with a universal fix yet from what I have seen. Sorry for the ranting

I have nothing personally against Macs, other than that I believe they're overpriced. However, it's probably going to be hard to get tech support for them simply because most of the people that could troubleshoot something like this...don't have Macs.

And yes, this actually is the place for this. It's a bug that causes the launcher not to work. You have tried the Mac launcher, I assume? Failing that, see if you can get a newer version of Java.