One last go with tekkit...

TheSpoonyOne

Hello everyone, just to start off, my name is Kyle McQueen and I am the Owner of New World Servers. Ranked 26th on Tekkit Server List, and I host a simi-popular (around 30-60 players) PvP/Greifing/Faction Tekkit Server. I have been doing this since 2.1 Tekkit was Released, and have loved working on the server and making Tekkit a fun part of some peoples lives :)

Now that you know that, as I said I have been running this tekkit server for a while now and as my life as a server owner goes on, I notice nothing but a decrease in tekkit stability and actual performance from tekkit. I haven't ever complained about it, until now. Why? because even tho there are a lot of errors with tekkit, the group here works hard to put it together for our use. Also, because tekkit will prob never update again.

Now to the issue I have lol :P As everyone knows tekkit has its hiccups and errors every now and again. If you don't have the strongest VPS/Dedicated Server to run tekkit, you might as well go back to bukkit. I understand this. But lately, tekkit has been nothing BUT errors and hiccups. I like to think that I know plenty about running a tekkit server, I get the plugins required to ban items, I patch my mods with all the user made fixes for all them lovely bugs, but still tekkit can't just run like a nice bukkit server. This really disappointing to me because as 3.0.X was released, I was excited! Thinking to myself "This and that bug will be fixed, this will work now and that wont do that." And after using and setting up the servers, I noticed "This was still doing that, that bug seemed to be worse now and that is new!" Sorry for getting a little of track, but the error I have with tekkit now, is tekkit itself.

I think its time for the Technicpack team to take a last look at tekkit, add the user-made bug fixes that work, add pre-installed plugins (Like they used to) and TEST each mod, one by one. Adding the mod, doing as much as you can with it to the point the server is crying for help (:P) and then, using that knowledge, limit what other mods can be added to the list. It seems almost as if, the team just makes sure the server launches and if it does, updates. I mean no disrespect, you guys have more on your minds than tekkit, but I think this last update should be the only tekkit that can be left alone like a bukkit server.

This is all thoughts I have gathered over the months of running my servers, sorry if they are a little out of order. Thanks for Reading :)