Out of Momoery! every 30 minutes

Blairen

Question

Launcher Version: 1.0.1.0

Operating System: windowa XP

Java Version: 7.0.90.5

Antivirus Program: AVG free

Description of Problem:

my main desktop is in the shop waiting on part so i downloaded the latest version of Technic on my laptop to help kill the time. After I launch Technic I would get the "Out of Memory" after about 5 minutes. I re-downloaded the launcher and made sure i had the latest Java, still happened. I the dropped almost all the graphics setting to the minimum and now it keeps running for about 30 minutes until I get the error.

I'm running Technic in a window and have the Windows Task Manager up beside it. I have 3GB of ram on this laptop and have Technic configured to use 1GB. total Memory usage hovers around 2.6GB (OS, Firefox, Technic etc.) but it never caps out. What does is my CPU usage. When I start running Technic I'm running around 75% CPU usage, and it pretty steadily increases till It's running at 100%, after a few minutes at 100 the game starts to lag and then error.

Any ideas how I can fix this?

Thanks

Error Messages:

Out of Memory!

Error Log:

3 answers to this question

The options it gives me for ram in the launcher are 512MB, 1GB, and 1548MB.

1.5GB make the game almost unplayable, it stutters and lurches every second or two.

1GB (what I was running at) runs fine for about 30 minutes then runs "Out of Memory!"

512MB ran for about 2 hours but eventually ran "Out of Memory!" too

It's better but still not idea, any other ideas so I don't have to close and reload the launcher every couple hours of play?