Can't run the Launcher

Dread Flint

Question

Launcher Version: Not sure, I believe it's the latest one

Operating System: Windows 7

Java Version: 1.7.0_09

Antivirus Program:

Description of Problem:

I tried to open up the Technic Launcher to play, as I usually do, but it comes up with a popup saying I can't connect and should check my internet connection. It says "Unable to download launcher. Please check your internet connection by opening www.techniclauncher.net in your web browser"

I did this, and it brought me to a random site :/ I'm not sure what's wrong since my internet is working fine and I was playing technic last night, as well as the last few weeks.

Error Messages:

Unable to download launcher. Please check your internet connection by opening www.techniclauncher.net in your web browser.

Error Log:

13 answers to this question

I have this exact problem. I have looked at about 5 pages of search results for everything I can imagine typing in but everyone seems to be having a slightly different problem. I have tried re-installing Java, downloading a new Technic Launcher, removing the AppData folder, removing certain anti-virus programs from the equation but alas, to no avail. It seems that everything everyone else is dealing with has to do with not being able to connect to minecraft.net, but mine says techinlauncher.net also. This might be a problem with them since we both just played yesterday but I feel as though I might have done something myself.

If you need a fresh Tekkit install let me know. I can email it to you

That means you'll be distributing some of Mojang's files, which is illegal

OP: What AV have you got installed? Some AV or Firewall might be blocking the launcher entirely

I got it. There were a couple of files directly outside of the .techniclauncher folder that had technic in the name and I deleted them. Works fine now.

That's weird, Technic Launcher doesn't do ANYTHING outside .techniclauncher except from Java