Can't load backup saves

ivel236

Question

So recently I have been building a massive motor frame airship and thought it would be a good idea to back up my world often in case it glitched out. I did this by using WinRAR (a file compression program like .zip) to compress my world located at .technic\modpacks\tekkit\saves\First World on my C: drive. The problem is something eventually did glitch out, but when I tried to restore the save file with my backed up version the Tekkit Classic client couldn't detect the world. 

I tried various things such as only replacing the .region files or the .dat files. etc....  Sometimes after this it would recognize  the world but when I load it up some of my areas seem to be overwritten by a different seed.

One interesting thing I have noticed is that ever since I have started doing the backups of .technic\modpacks\tekkit\saves\First World the total filesize has remained exactly 32,690kb despite each backup having progressively more stuff in the world. This made me think that perhaps Tekkit Classic was saving my world somewhere else so I looked around the .technic folder and found that it was actually saving another copy of my world to .technic\modpacks\tekkitmain\saves that had a larger filesize than my backups (about 40,000kb) I also tried moving this world and loading it up but while it looked more intact and complete than my backups it was still missing vast sections of the world and had strange seed overwrites. Is it possible that it saved different parts of my world to different folders for some reason?

If anyone has any idea what's going on here or how to load my backed up worlds I would greatly appreciate it as I have spent alot of time on my world and currently have no way of getting the entirety of it working. 

If anyone is wondering i am using the latest version of Tekkit Classic but the original world was probably made a couple versions back.

Edited by ivel236

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet