[3.1.2 to 3.1.3] Stuck at Saving Chunks.

Thaua

Question

Title: [3.1.2 to 3.1.3] Stuck at Saving Chunks.

Version: 3.1.2

Java Version: 1.7.0_03

Description of Problem:

When I try to load my world created on 3.1.2 with the current 3.1.3 on SSP, I got stuck at the saving chunks message that appears right before the world becomes playable. It freezes for a while and then goes blank, making the game stop respnding. Similar to what happens when you try to load a world with tekkit content on vanilla Minecraft.

This world doesn't have Advanced Machines stuff in it and I also deleted the mod from the folder. The weirdest part is that an old world I have, created on tekkit 3.0.1, still loads flawlessly and it got about the same stuff that the problematic world has.

The world is not corrupt nor has been due to the update. I can load and play on both the world that I'm having trouble with and the one that still loads in 3.1.3 if I roll the update back to 3.1.2.

My guess is that there is some problem with mod integration that surfaced on the latest update. I'm currently removing anything related to mod association (like removing pipe connections from IC2 machines, removing engines powered by RP2 wires, removing power converters and so forth) from one world and adding them to the other to see if I can find what's going wrong. I could share the worlds if anyone is willing to help inform the modders about a problem they may face.

Error Messages:

Error Log:

5 answers to this question

I would love to know how to fix this.

I used mcedit to delete my house and with my house gone the world will load. However, there isn't much point in doing that as all that I have ever built is in the house.

I'll keep playing with mcedit, to see if I can find what's wrong.

1. Replace the buildcraft/api in the railcraft zip with buildcraft/api in the buildcraft core zip. Then use MCEdit to remove rotary macerators, singularity compressors, centrifuge extractors, and rock-crushers.

2. Don't use tekkit for single player anyway, technic is better.

Thanks DarthDavis, but it didn't work.

Solved it!

What I did was try to launch the world via 3.1.3 server. Should have tried this before. It created an error log that pointed the problem. It was with the reactor chamber and the thermal monitor placed in it. Removed it and the world loaded. Tried to put it back and the game crashed.

So puting the thermal monitor directly to the reactor chamber is a no no. It crashes the game. Could someone warn the devs?