All tekkit items deleted on singleplayer when tried to update!

ZeRo590000

Question

Launcher Version: 3.1.2 - 3.1.3

Operating System: Windows 7

Java Version: Version 6 Update 31

Antivirus Program:

Description of Problem:

I was on single player and it was fine. I updated and it was fine. I back dated to go on a server and everything on my amazing single player was gone. Everything that wasn't vanilla just wasn't there. I tried updating and backdating and nothing is working please help! I worked really hard on this world

Error Messages:

Error Log:

3 answers to this question

So far as I know, an error like that gets saved when you log out. That's why you're supposed to back up your worlds before updating. If you had a world back-up you could have just back stepped the launcher upgrade and then copied your old world to the "saves" folder. Live and learn.

The next best solution for you now would be to use NEI to restore your non-vanilla items (to the best of your memory). I had to do that once after a crash that cause a similar problem. Fortunately, I had also done a recent back up of my entire "Saves" folder, so I only had to replace a few of the items I had build since that back-up.

The moral of the story, don't click "yes" to the update prompt until you have backed up all your worlds in all your Technic Pack games packs. You get lazy, you pay for it in the end. :(

Darn happened to me as well but then i am a complete noob at this game and didn't really expect to get hooked on it as i have.

Thanks for input Truebador.

I knew it auto saved but i didn't know it overwrote the file everytime, until i looked for the saves.

Only thing is though i could put all the machines back etc, my erm whats it called, like dirt blocks, bascially all ground blocks are screwed up as they not loading the textures, looks like i have fire icons in them. So guessing i would have to some how step the launcher back but i don't know how to do that. Shall search forums for solution and hope it works.

Darn happened to me as well but then i am a complete noob at this game and didn't really expect to get hooked on it as i have.

Thanks for input Truebador.

I knew it auto saved but i didn't know it overwrote the file everytime, until i looked for the saves.

Only thing is though i could put all the machines back etc, my erm whats it called, like dirt blocks, bascially all ground blocks are screwed up as they not loading the textures, looks like i have fire icons in them. So guessing i would have to some how step the launcher back but i don't know how to do that. Shall search forums for solution and hope it works.

Yeah, sucks when you save somewhere in a mine and all the blocks are replaced when you log in. Long suffocation death! As for stepping back the mod pack/launcher version, you still run into the same problem with not having your original save files.

Don't know if it will help your textures problem, but you might try switching back to the default textures, log out and back in, then switch back to your favourite texture pack. That usually sorts out my texture gitches, though I've never had fire icons in my ground blocks before.

In the end, if I find I have to rebuild my world, I just stay in the updated world unless something essential is broken. But the best case scenario is always backing up all those saves before updates. ;)

Regards.