Won't update to Technic for 1.4.2

TheEisbaer

Question

Launcher Version: Launcher Build: '1.0.1.3'

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Java Version: Java VM: '1.7.0_09-b05'

Antivirus Program: avast!

Description of Problem:

1. I can't update to the lasted dev. Build for Technic.

2. The log says I have no 64-bit. But I have installed 64-bit?

Error Messages:

Error Log:

[15:27:43] [sEVERE] ------------------------------------------

[15:27:43] [sEVERE] Launcher is starting....

[15:27:43] [sEVERE] Launcher Build: '1.0.1.3'

[15:27:43] [sEVERE] Allocated 989.875 Mb of RAM

[15:27:43] [sEVERE] Java VM: '1.7.0_09-b05'

[15:27:43] [sEVERE] OS Version: '6.1'

[15:27:43] [sEVERE] Is 64-bit: 'false'

[15:27:43] [sEVERE] [info] Downloading 'mirrors.yml' from 'http://mirror.technicpack.net/Technic/mirrors.yml'.

[15:27:44] [sEVERE] Starting download of 'http://mirror.technicpack.net/Technic/CHECKSUM.md5', with 3 trie(s) remaining

[15:27:44] [sEVERE] Copying: \temp\file4333707457995923976.tmp to: \launcher\CHECKSUM.md5

[15:27:44] [sEVERE] File Downloaded: \launcher\CHECKSUM.md5

[15:27:45] [sEVERE] [MD5 Mismatch] File '\launcher\technicssp\modpack.yml' has md5 of '1270b0d2f48be4b1a71d03e86d91f1c8' instead of '50f255443ab3f647c9abe62655e9b6e9'

[15:27:45] [sEVERE] [info] Downloading 'modpack.yml' from 'http://mirror.technicpack.net/Technic/technicssp/modpack.yml'.

[15:27:46] [sEVERE] [info] Downloading 'minecraft.yml' from 'http://mirror.technicpack.net/Technic/minecraft.yml'.

[15:27:54] [sEVERE] Starting download of minecraft, with 3 trie(s) remaining

[15:28:03] [sEVERE] Downloaded 'minecraft.jar' does not matche MD5 of any known minecraft version!

[15:28:03] [sEVERE] Starting download of minecraft, with 2 trie(s) remaining

[15:28:09] [sEVERE] Downloaded 'minecraft.jar' does not matche MD5 of any known minecraft version!

[15:28:09] [sEVERE] Starting download of minecraft, with 1 trie(s) remaining

[15:28:17] [sEVERE] Downloaded 'minecraft.jar' does not matche MD5 of any known minecraft version!

[15:28:17] [sEVERE] java.io.IOException: Failed to download minecraft

[15:28:17] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.MinecraftDownloadUtils.downloadMinecraft(MinecraftDownloadUtils.java:77)

[15:28:17] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.GameUpdater.updateMC(GameUpdater.java:129)

[15:28:17] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.gui.LoginForm$3.doInBackground(LoginForm.java:850)

[15:28:17] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.gui.LoginForm$3.doInBackground(LoginForm.java:832)

[15:28:17] [sEVERE] at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(Unknown Source)

[15:28:17] [sEVERE] at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)

[15:28:17] [sEVERE] at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)

[15:28:17] [sEVERE] at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(Unknown Source)

[15:28:17] [sEVERE] at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)

[15:28:17] [sEVERE] at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

[15:28:17] [sEVERE] at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

[15:29:23] [sEVERE] Exiting the Technic Launcher

Things I tried:

- deactivated avast!

- redownload Launcher

17 answers to this question

delete the .technicpack oder technicssp?

.technicpack. Also, if the log is saying you have 32 bit, that is what it THINKS you have. Sometimes it picks the wrong Java and the only way to force it to use the correct one is to uninstall other Java's and then install 64bit.

.technicpack. Also, if the log is saying you have 32 bit, that is what it THINKS you have. Sometimes it picks the wrong Java and the only way to force it to use the correct one is to uninstall other Java's and then install 64bit.

Nice. Now I can't even download the rec. Build anymore..

Nice. Now I can't even download the rec. Build anymore..

I just checked and I was able to download it fine. Also, that log looks like it says you don't have a 64bit OS, so try using 32 bit Java (or double checking to see what bit your OS is)

That is good, thanks for clearing that up. Go into your programs and make sure you only have one type of Java (Java 7u9 64bit). If you have others delete them and keep only the 7u9 64bit. Also, the Latest build is broken (as are any that came later) so you can only download the Recommended build (from what I have seen and tested)

That is good, thanks for clearing that up. Go into your programs and make sure you only have one type of Java (Java 7u9 64bit). If you have others delete them and keep only the 7u9 64bit. Also, the Latest build is broken (as are any that came later) so you can only download the Recommended build (from what I have seen and tested)

Tried Rec. Build and here:

5s4fU.png

Unfortunately, it sounds like there is an issue with the launcher. It was likely caused by the recent release of Minecraft 1.4.5. It would appear it is just a waiting game now. Sorry. If I think of anything/hear of a fix, I will post it here for you.

Can you maybe send me your launcher.exe?

If I gave you the exe, you still wouldn't be able to download the mod packs. The exe just starts the launcher which then access the Technic servers to find the files and downloads them (that is where the issue is). What you really are asking for is the .techniclauncher folder (that is the files that the launcher tries to download, but distributing that would violate both the Mojang TOS and the rules of the site.

But if i would delete the .technicpack folder and you give me the .exe, wouldn't that work? Can we try it at least?

The exe is what you download from this site. That download works fine (I just checked). It is not the exe that is the issue, it is the files that the exe is attempting to retrieve. Even if you used my exe, you wouldn't be able to download the files because they don't exist/are broken