Launcher says to check my internet connection.

BCPowers

Question

Launcher Version: The latest or none.

Operating System: Windows 7 x64

Java Version: 7u9 x64

Antivirus Program: avast!

Description of Problem:

Well I had been playing the game up 'til yesterday, then this happened. I woke up today trying to solve the problem looking through posts and naturally nothing worked. The last thing I have done is I deleted .techniclauncher, foolishly, without backing it up. Now I have nothing and I still get the same problem. All I am left with is an empty .techniclauncher folder when I try to run the launcher and the error, "Unable to download launcher. Please check your internet connection by opening www.techniclauncher.net in your webbrowser." Please help me.

Error Messages:

"Unable to download launcher. Please check your internet connection by opening www.techniclauncher.net in your webbrowser."

Error Log:

They are deleted.

9 answers to this question

Alright, here is a complete temporary solution since Nathon only provided a partial one. First go here and under Unix/Linux "Click here for the jar file". Note this is to get it working on Windows.

Once you have that try double clicking it, if it does not run then you have to run it through CMD line. If there is another way please post it.

To run it in CMD line click your start menu and type cmd in the search box at the bottom and press enter. It should start up CMD line. Now you have to navigate to where you placed the jar file OR you can put the jar file wherever your CMD line default directory is. Example: My CMD defaults to my users folder so I just put my jar file in there.

If you choose to navigate to the directory instead you will have to use the cd command. Example: cd c:\User\Yourname\blah\blah\blah until you get to the folder that holds the jar file.

Now in order to start playing again type java -jar technic-launcher-latest.jar

If the jar file you downloaded above has a different name for some reason, then rename technic-launcher-latest to whatever it is. After you type it in and press enter the launcher should start up allowing you to log in and play.

Hope this helps but I would really appreciate it if there was a permanent solution so I didn't have to type this into CMD every time I want to play.

Using the jar file is not really a temporary solution... It works fine. All the exe does is launch the jar file so you don't miss out on anything. Also, if double clicking doesn't work, you just need to right click --> Open With... --> Java