White screen then program crash

xaric

Question

Launcher Version: 1.0.2.0

Operating System: Mac OSX Lion 10.7.5

Java Version: Java SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_06-b24)

Antivirus Program: None

Description of Problem:

Cannot run Minecraft from Technic launcher. White screen appears, then disappears. No errors, nothing indicative in the log file.

Error Messages:

Error Log:

[12:08:40] [sEVERE]	------------------------------------------

[12:08:40] [sEVERE]	Launcher is starting....

[12:08:40] [sEVERE]	Launcher Build: '1.0.2.0'

[12:08:40] [sEVERE]	Allocated 910.25 Mb of RAM

[12:08:40] [sEVERE]	Java VM: '1.7.0_06-b24'

[12:08:40] [sEVERE]	OS Version: '10.7.5'

[12:08:40] [sEVERE]	Is 64-bit: 'true'

[12:08:40] [sEVERE]	[info] Downloading 'mirrors.yml' from 'http://mirror.technicpack.net/Technic/mirrors.yml'.

[12:08:40] [sEVERE]	Starting download of 'http://mirror.technicpack.net/Technic/CHECKSUM.md5', with 3 trie(s) remaining

[12:08:41] [sEVERE]	Copying: /temp/file4801088016509107703.tmp to: /launcher/CHECKSUM.md5

[12:08:41] [sEVERE]	File Downloaded: /launcher/CHECKSUM.md5

[12:08:41] [sEVERE]	[MD5 Mismatch] File '/launcher/tekkit/modpack.yml' has md5 of '06203d7c3d3d3b6b5658498d7e58e775' instead of 'a153f7d39fc0fb39a6808a6bc40c1909'

[12:08:41] [sEVERE]	[info] Downloading 'modpack.yml' from 'http://mirror.technicpack.net/Technic/tekkit/modpack.yml'.

[12:08:41] [sEVERE]	[info] Downloading 'minecraft.yml' from 'http://mirror.technicpack.net/Technic/minecraft.yml'.

[12:08:47] [sEVERE]	Loading Launcher from 'techniclauncher/tekkit'

9 answers to this question

I've searched this forum and have seen a few others who have had this same problem. I also tried the steps mentioned in the "Fix Common Problems" post:

The launcher freezes on a white screen when I log in.

None of these fix the issue.

If anyone out there has it working, please help us OSX users out!

Did you try what I said?

Yes, I did. Steps I took:

I located the java v6 executable on my machine, which is located:

/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/CurrentJDK/Home/bin/java

I validated that with the command:

/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/CurrentJDK/Home/bin/java -version

which yields:

java version "1.6.0_37"

Java SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_37-b06-434-11M3909)

Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.12-b01-434, mixed mode)

At this point, I ran the following command to launch the technic-launcher targeting the v6 framework:

/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/CurrentJDK/Home/bin/java -Xmx2048m -jar ~/Desktop/Technic Launcher.app/Contents/Resources/launcher/technic-launcher-latest.jar

The output of that command runs the launcher, which quickly shells out a new instance (with added command-line options):

2012-12-02 15:48:32.073 java[1790:407] Loading Maximizer into bundle: com.apple.javajdk16.cmd

2012-12-02 15:48:32.308 java[1790:407] Maximizer: Supported window created of class: CocoaAppWindow

2012-12-02 15:48:32.311 java[1790:407] Maximizer: Unsupported window created of class: CocoaAppWindow

Dec 2, 2012 3:48:32 PM org.spoutcraft.launcher.Util log

WARNING: Rebooting with [java, -Xmx1024m, -classpath, /Users/[masked]/Desktop/Technic Launcher.app/Contents/Resources/launcher/technic-launcher-latest.jar, org.spoutcraft.launcher.Main, -Xdock:name="Technic Launcher", -Xdock:icon=/Users/[masked]/Library/Application Support/techniclauncher/launcher_icon.icns]

At this point, when I run Tekkit, I get the same problem: White window which then closes. No additional errors are displayed in the terminal and the log file appears the same as above.

I am guessing that because of the "WARNING: Rebooting" message, it is defaulting back to v7. How do I change control of that app to stick with the java version I've specified?

(By-the-way, your help and consideration is MUCH appreciated.)

Im getting this stuff, when I log into a my friend's server and i crash right away, plz help.

This has also been happening to me on every version of tekkit, ever since the new update for 3.1.3 my whole tekkit has just messed up. I cant connect to servers either because I do not have the required mods or it crashes after a white screen.

got it working. you need to reset your PATH and then rehash and launch it as above (example for OSX only):

thibaultkick$ PATH=/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/CurrentJDK/Home/bin:$PATH

thibaultkick$ hash -r

thibaultkick$ which java

thibaultkick$ java -version

java version "1.6.0_37"

thibaultkick$ java -Xmx2048m -jar '/Applications/Technic Launcher.app/Contents/Resources/launcher/technic-launcher-latest.jar'

got it working. you need to reset your PATH and then rehash and launch it as above (example for OSX only):

thibaultkick$ PATH=/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/CurrentJDK/Home/bin:$PATH

thibaultkick$ hash -r

thibaultkick$ which java

java version "1.6.0_37"

thibaultkick$ java -Xmx2048m -jar '/Applications/Technic Launcher.app/Contents/Resources/launcher/technic-launcher-latest.jar'

Any idea how to do that on windows?

thibaultkick$ hash -r

thibaultkick$ which java

java version "1.6.0_37"

THAT WORKED! Thank you so much for your assistance. For Windows users, you can simply uninstall Java 7 if you don't explicitly need it. OR, you can edit your environment variables and change your PATH. Java 6 will be somewhere like: "C:\Program Files\Java ..." or something like that.