Technic updater stopped working

tamagoti

Question

Launcher Version: The launcher doesnt open so i cant see

Operating System: Windows 7 64bit

Java Version: Java 7

Antivirus Program: AVG 2013

Description of Problem:

A month ago i played tekkit and it was fine,and now when i try to open the launcher it say : "Technic pack updater has stopped working".

I saw a few ways to fix it,and it didnt worked for me.I tried to install Java jer7 again and again and it still doesnt open.Im sorry if my english is not written well,I dont really know english so good.

Error Messages:

Error Log:

14 answers to this question

If your launcher is encountering this error, a solution is to download the .jar file from http://www.technicpack.net/download/ (pick the third from the left (Linux/Jar)). If you are using Internet Explorer you will also need to change the file extension (the ending of the file) to .jar instead of .zip. Once you’ve done that, all you need to do is double-click on the file to run the launcher.

If your launcher is encountering this error, a solution is to download the .jar file from http://www.technicpack.net/download/ (pick the third from the left (Linux/Jar)). If you are using Internet Explorer you will also need to change the file extension (the ending of the file) to .jar instead of .zip. Once you’ve done that, all you need to do is double-click on the file to run the launcher.

I tried to do this,but a long time ago i changed something in my computer so JAR files will open with WinRAR and now when i try to change it to Java i pick the wrong program.

I tried to do this,but a long time ago i changed something in my computer so JAR files will open with WinRAR and now when i try to change it to Java i pick the wrong program.

Just change the files name to whatever.jar instead of whatever.zip

Just change the files name to whatever.jar instead of whatever.zip

But its .jar,a long time ago i changed the default program that opens jar files in my computer to WinRAR (God knows why.) and now when i try to change it into Java black console opens to me and then close.

Ummm... help someone? :S

I tried to do "Open with..." and select JAVA but i dont know if i selected the right .exe file... i have 10 java.exe files in my computer and non of the is working for me... :S

can someone help me?I really want to plat tekkit with my freinds but i cant! :[

...You have 10 Java files? Why?

I dont really know...

I got a folder with java 64 bit and 32bit on my computer and in each one of them i got more folders of stuff with Java.exe file...

Maybe im not searching it in the right place?I have jre7 folder and i open it with the Java.exe that in the "bin" folder..

I really dont know what to do. =\

I cheked and in the conrol panel of windows it doesnt show Java in the programs list (only Devlopment kit and stuff like that),maybe the Java isnt installed correctly?or i should re-install it?

Maybe the problem is in the Java version?I dont know if i should try to delete the Java folder and install it again...

Im afraid that if ill do that the normal minecraft also wont work for me...

So what should i do?

Sorry if theres a rule against 3 messages of the same player without any message between,but i want to play..

I re-installed Java and uninstalled the older version of Java and now i cant do "Open with... -> Java.exe".I click on the Java.exe file and it just doesnt work,

When i click on it the computer closes the program picker and does nothing after that.

In all the other computer that i tried to play tekkit on them it worked 100% fine. (There was fps lags but thats because the video card).

So... can you help me?