Technic will not start after install period onwindows 10

Evin

Question

I downloaded the technic launcher and when I click the .exe file nothing happens, it does not make a .technic file. I have tried reinstalling technic, reinstalling Java, and even had a friend give me his fully working version of technic with all files via flash drive and manually installed it and had the same result. The only issue I can find is that when I run the windows compatibility trouble shooter it just says it's an incompatible file. I have been struggling with this for a week now and any help would be appreciated. Thank you 

1 answer to this question

• Forum Administrators
1 hour ago, Evin said:

I downloaded the technic launcher and when I click the .exe file nothing happens, it does not make a .technic file. I have tried reinstalling technic, reinstalling Java, and even had a friend give me his fully working version of technic with all files via flash drive and manually installed it and had the same result. The only issue I can find is that when I run the windows compatibility trouble shooter it just says it's an incompatible file. I have been struggling with this for a week now and any help would be appreciated. Thank you 

Issues with the launcher not starting is almost certainly an issue with a broken or nonexistent install of Java.

In order to download Java 64-Bit, please go http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp and download the version for your computer.

If you're using Windows, please use the version Windows Offline (64-Bit).

After downloading the Java installer.

Please click on the installer to install it.

Then try starting the launcher again.