Purchase Minecraft to Play

awesomepoop202

Question

Launcher Version: 1.0.1.0

Operating System: Windows Vista

Java Version: Version 7 Update 9

Antivirus Program:

Description of Problem:

When I try to play Tekkit or YogBox, or even just to login an error message pops up and it says,"You purchase a Minecraft account to play" I thought you can be non-premium for the Technic Launcher.

Error Messages:

You purchase a Minecraft account to play

Error Log:

3 answers to this question

Why would you think you don't have to be premium for the Technic Launcher? That was the old one, and it wasn't really meant to be used on non-premium accounts either.

We don't support pirates here, but the game is around twenty-five dollars, and if you say you don't have the money to buy it, then you are in serious trouble and I don't see how you even have an internet connection.

Why would you think you don't have to be premium for the Technic Launcher? That was the old one, and it wasn't really meant to be used on non-premium accounts either.

We don't support pirates here, but the game is around twenty-five dollars, and if you say you don't have the money to buy it, then you are in serious trouble and I don't see how you even have an internet connection.

Ok... :( My parents won't let me! Anyway, thx for the info.

There is no such thing as a premium account for Minecraft. That would assume you can play the full game for free legitimately. (Trial versions don't count). That is not the case. You just need to own the game. Pedantic I know, but the whole "premium" thing has been bothering me.