Advice needed: When you copy a seed into Technic...

feralswirl

I'm using a specific seed that I really love. I want to use it in Technic. However I realized that when I copy the world that I built in, all the space I use is already loaded with whatever ore/etc that they will have, and none of the ore from the mods. (Is that correct?)

If I re-input the seed and start over, will it spawn tekkit-mod ores and things like the oil and volcanoes and whatnot? Or is that seed locked into the vanilla minecraft everything?

I'm really in love with this seed, but I want to be able to find everything the mods have. Advice needed!

You can use the same seed and all of the Technic things will generate. You could even just copy the world over. Any places you have already explored will be empty of Technic things but newly generated terrain will have all of the Technic things.

You can use the same seed and all of the Technic things will generate. You could even just copy the world over. Any places you have already explored will be empty of Technic things but newly generated terrain will have all of the Technic things.

Ok, thanks!

This assumes it's the same version of Minecraft as the original seed, or at least that there haven't been any changes to seed programming since the world was created/updated. Be careful with this. You may get cliff walls in strange places.