I cant donwload modpacks!!

HappyfaceJ

Question

So first of all, i have no virus protection whatsoever, So that isn't the problem. Whenever I try to download anything, whether it be Vanilla or an SAO pack it always stops at a random point and freezes the download, ill click "cancel" and it wont do anything, I can click "Delete pack" and the download will still be their, Also it makes everything offline when i try to download, I use a Macbook Pro. I dont know if thats the problem but please help! P.S. I tried to download Vanilla, I just switched to Tekkit Legends to show that its offline.

Screen Shot 2017-01-13 at 5.12.44 PM.png

4 answers to this question

I have all most the exact same problem although I’m using a different operating system (Windows 10) from what I know this problem could be caused by a number of things.

Operating System - unlikely since this problem is occurring on multiple operating systems

Java - Unlikely since multiple java versions are being used. windows version/ mac version

Technic Launcher - a recent update may have caused this problem. if more people start complaining about this then this is diffidently the problem

Internet Connection - I have a slightly unstable internet connection at times. including very short temporary drop outs. this may interrupt downloads. I will try downloading on a better internet connection when I get a chance   

Server - unlikely since multiple mod packs fail to download

I think an admin should have a look and try to replicate this problem. I will update my post once I do a little more investigation into the problem. if it's not the launcher I may come up with a solution

Technic screen shot.jpg

Edited by QuantumRage

AetherPirate -- i see absolutely NO reason to make a new thread and post the same problem. i want to help solve this problem and collaborate on ideas as to why this is happening. i have also found a solution to the problem and it was one of the things i mentioned above.

Answer -- after changing internet connection the mod pack downloaded and installed properly. if your using a mobile broadband connection 3G/4G they may be the issue. i had no trouble downloading the file once i connected to a landline connection so i suggest you find a different internet connection to download the mod packs

here's a picture for proof

pugyjef.jpg