Tekkit crashes just after I enter my personal server

Jr0dd

Question

Title: Tekkit crashes just after I enter my personal server

Version: 3.1.2

Java Version: 1.7.0_09 (Java 7 Update 9)

Description of Problem:

When I try to join my personal server, I load into the world for just a second or two, and the screen instantly cuts to the basic dirt background with no error message. After a second or two, it cuts to white, and sometimes will quickly flash some error message that then goes away in a split second. I can't get a good look at it, so I don't know what it says. I tried uninstalling the Technic Launcher, but I'm away from the pc running my server right now so I cant restart that. Any suggestions?

Edit: Question form instead of forum post: http://questions.technicpack.net/7416/tekkit-crashes-when-serverside-check-is-sent

Error Messages:

Error Log:

[10:34:23] [sEVERE]2012-12-22 10:34:23 [sEVERE] A critical error has occurred.

java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: energyStored

at buildcraft.factory.TileQuarry.n_(TileQuarry.java:120)

at xd.n(World.java:2081)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.k(Minecraft.java:1871)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.x(Minecraft.java:825)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:753)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)

10 answers to this question

The same thing happens to me. When I try to log in to my friend's personal server, my map shows about 50% of the screen, then crashes and shows a dirt block background. An error pops up for a split second, then white. If someone could please respond with and answer to us, we would like it.

Try turning off your quarry and then going through a portal. Changing dimensions always causes a server-side check. If no crash, it is related to the buildcraft quarry and not server-side checks. I can't say what would need to be done next, but it would help at least.

That would be a great idea if I could actually play for more than a minute. EDIT: And turn off the quarry of course. I'm pretty sure the error is caused by the server-side check, as when I tried to use the command "/time set 0" from my client I instantly crashed. I've tried deleting my player.dat file many times, and it works fine for a minute until another server-side check, at which point it crashes again.

Try turning off your quarry and then going through a portal. Changing dimensions always causes a server-side check. If no crash, it is related to the buildcraft quarry and not server-side checks. I can't say what would need to be done next, but it would help at least.

Perhaps it has something to do with the serverside check combined with the quarry... I'll see if I can get into the game for long enough to break the quarry block and hope that this fixes it.

Glad to see you've found something that works. Would be great if you were able to find out why quarries are causing you to crash, but I guess being able to play again is sufficient for now.

Yeah, seeing as quarries are kind of the lifeblood of the automated side of Tekkit it's kind of disappointing. I'll see if I can isolate the problem. My theory right now is that I was using too many redstone engines which overloaded the quarry block. Maybe something to do with the java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: energyStored line in the error log. I'll post again here if and when I figure it out

Hey man thanks for the solution! That's awesome. How do I import the map into MCedit so i can delete the Quarry? BTW I get that server check error but I only created the quarry box. I didnt create anything for it after that. You think it's just the box itself causing the trouble?

Hey man thanks for the solution! That's awesome. How do I import the map into MCedit so i can delete the Quarry? BTW I get that server check error but I only created the quarry box. I didnt create anything for it after that. You think it's just the box itself causing the trouble?

It might just be the box. I just downloaded MCEdit and chose the world file from the tekkit folder in the server files. Then find and delete the quarry and save the changes and you're good to go!