Modpack doesn't have mods when Installed

Octa

I've followed the steps on this tutorial and this tutorial, and I've hosted my modpack on Dropbox and successfully created it on the Technic platform. However, when I install and run the modpack on the Technic Launcher, there are no mods installed; only vanilla Minecraft.

Here is the download link for the modpack zip: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kadf1m70lbmz50h/SA 1.12.zip?dl=1

Does anybody have a solution?

I don't have a solution, but I also ran into this same problem. And I was wondering if you were having this specifically same instance as me: In the launcher, there is a little cog at the top right that says " Modpack Options" and there you can go to your Modpack's Install Folder on your computer by selecting 'Open'.

Do you see your modpack's name in that folder (or more specifically, the name of your .zip file)? Mine is there for me and I see all of my original files. So the launcher did LITERALLY what the download link did and unzips it at the location. But, that doesn't properly disperse the mods to their locations.

If you are also having that problem, it doesn't seem like it's a download problem so much as it is the files are not going in the right place once downloaded.

14 minutes ago, Bijhou said:

I don't have a solution, but I also ran into this same problem. And I was wondering if you were having this specifically same instance as me: In the launcher, there is a little cog at the top right that says " Modpack Options" and there you can go to your Modpack's Install Folder on your computer by selecting 'Open'.

Do you see your modpack's name in that folder (or more specifically, the name of your .zip file)? Mine is there for me and I see all of my original files. So the launcher did LITERALLY what the download link did and unzips it at the location. But, that doesn't properly disperse the mods to their locations.

If you are also having that problem, it doesn't seem like it's a download problem so much as it is the files are not going in the right place once downloaded.

Yes, I just tried this and I have a similar problem. My entire mod folder is packaged into one folder. So there is a bin, asm, mods, config, etc in the install directory, as well as a (modpack name) directory which also has bin, asm, mods, config, etc within it. The minecraft install is in the upper-level directories but has no mods in the mods folder, while the minecraft install is missing from  the lower level directories, but has the mods installed. Weird. Maybe Ill try zipping together the contents of the modpack rather than zipping the directory the contents are located in.

Edit: Yep, this fixed my issue. In your modpack zip, make sure there is no subfolder containing the content of your pack. If you open the zip, you should see your mods folder, along with asm and bin etc. Thanks for alerting me to this problem though, never actually looked at the install location before.

Edited by Octa

3 hours ago, Octa said:

Yes, I just tried this and I have a similar problem. My entire mod folder is packaged into one folder. So there is a bin, asm, mods, config, etc in the install directory, as well as a (modpack name) directory which also has bin, asm, mods, config, etc within it. The minecraft install is in the upper-level directories but has no mods in the mods folder, while the minecraft install is missing from  the lower level directories, but has the mods installed. Weird. Maybe Ill try zipping together the contents of the modpack rather than zipping the directory the contents are located in.

Edit: Yep, this fixed my issue. In your modpack zip, make sure there is no subfolder containing the content of your pack. If you open the zip, you should see your mods folder, along with asm and bin etc. Thanks for alerting me to this problem though, never actually looked at the install location before.

hmm. I got my files to disperse properly but my game still isn't' recognizing them. And I see now I have a new folder called 'CoreMods' During load up it loaded all the config files for all of my modpack so I know it recognized them. I'm just not sure what happened there.