Dropped item goes to boots slot, then disappears

kozec

Question

Title: Dropped item goes to boots slot, then disappears

Version: 0.5.1

OS: Arch Linux 3.6.9-1-ARCH x86_64 client // Arch Linux 3.6.9-1-ARCH i686 server

Java Version: openjdk 7.u9_2.3.3-1

Description of Problem:

When I drop something from inventory (picking it and clicking outside of UI,) it appears in last armor slot. Next dropped item appears in same slot, overwriting previous one. I lost half of inventory before I noticed it :(

// edit: Just noticed that dropped item actually drops for me and then is sucked back to armor slot. Also, bug seems to be manifesting only in multiplayer.

Error Messages:

none

Error Log:

nothing related

2 answers to this question

Version: 0.5.1 and 0.5.2

Java Version: 1.7.0_10 64-bit

I have the exact same problem in Tekkit Lite. I've tried re-installing my server a couple times and it still happens (and it happens to another friend on the server as well, so it's not a client issue). I suspect that it is something in the world file that is causing this, since that's the only file I haven't replaced when I re-install the server.

My world file has been modified in MCEdit. I used the seed from my old vanilla bukkit server to generate an identical world, then used MCEdit to transplant our big town into the exact same location in the newly generated world. Kozec, have you done something similar? The game is almost unplayable it gets so annoying.

It's obviously not a bug that everyone experiences, since this is the only post I could find on it.

Sorry for "digging the topic up", but maybe it will help someone...

The bug is related to changing from CraftBukkit engine to Vanilla engine. Tekkit Lite is Vanilla engine, so it doesn't support CanPickUpLoot value that CraftBukkit sets to 1, so using NBTEdit You have to modify Your players files ([world name]/players folder) changing CanPickUpLoot from 1 to 0 in every of the players files.

So simply, You can fix it by two ways. 1, simple one but clears items of Your players: Just delete all files from players folder. 2, simple too but boring way that won't delete Your players items: Download NBTEdit (search in Google, You'll find) and in every file in the players folder modify CanPickUpLoot value to 0.

Ah, and i'm sorry for bad English, i am from Poland :-)