"Fatal error starting up minecraft and FML"

Dracas

Question

Launcher Version: 1.1.1.0

Operating System: Windows 7 (I think, might be vista)

Java Version: Java 6? (Where do you check that?)

Antivirus Program:

Description of Problem:

Anytime I try to log into any of the mods through the launcher it updates, thinks for a minute, a box with the java icon titled "Hello" pops up and soon after an error message pops up as follows.

"Fatal FML error

There was a fatal error starting up minecraft and FML

Minecraft cannot launch in it's current configuration

Please consult the file C:Users****AppDataRoaming.technicalaunchervoltzForgeModLoader-client-0.log for further information

I then track the files down but find them unopenable from either being to large for note pad or them being an unrecognized file type. I don't know if this is all simply from my machine and my (obvious) lack of technical knowledge, or something wrong with the launcher. Either way, I need help.

Error Messages:

Error Log:

1 answer to this question

Open the file in something other than Notepad (Notepad ++ is good for this, free and the like) and then you can move the error log over from there. Just use the right click-open with option once you have it installed.

As for java version, just go to the java site. If you've got the latest, it will tell you, if you don't, you'll be needing to upgrade anyhow, so might as well go there.

FYI, opening anything other than .txt files in Notepad is usually a bad idea, its notorious for chewing up file formats, then saving them like that, breaking it. Like I said, Notepad ++