server and single player issues

Heath George

My 2 children and I play on a small server on a home network between 3 PC's. Normally we play tekkit on cheat mode with all players having op status. This allowing us access to all items and flying and day/night control. We've been expirimenting with different co.construction options red power vs blue and such. We decided to try voltz and I set up the server exactly the same. Ops for all and cheat mode enabled. However when we log in it brings up the cheat mode interface with no day/night/rain/magnet options. We can't grab any block at all in the GUI and even when we set to peaceful mode we STILL get attacked. Any recommendations?

Rofl....87 views and not a single recommendation. Well my NEI is working fine in single player now and so is op/admin controls. However, server side is still caput. When I load up the server on the Java client I gets lots of processes loading. But when it gets to loading NEI it says loading and stops. Doesn't say done or anything. I can still play on server just not having the bells and whistles of admin/op status.

• 1 month later...

Hi! Not sure if you ever figured this out, but we had the same thing happening on our home server - we turned monsters off on our tekkit server and had difficulty set to 1, so that we still had hunger. On voltz when we applied the same settings, we weren't getting regular monster spawning at night, but were still seeing them in caves and the like - or abandoned mines/dungeons where spawners were located. (In tekkit with these settings, spawners would still exist in those places, but no monsters would ever spawn. At most, a skeleton in the spawner would shoot an arrow out.) At any rate, we ended up having to set the difficulty on our voltz server to 0 - no monsters at all, now - but of course, no hunger either, so what are we supposed to do with all these stacks of beef? :)

• 4 months later...

type this in the chat bar for peaceful /difficulty peaceful. and to allow cheats, press e and go to the options button in the inventory, if it says recipe mode on one of the options, click it until it says cheat mode. hope i helped you!