Help Me Increase my FPS Please.

I am trying to play tekkit on my laptop, but at most I ever get is 5fps with everything on optifine set to the lowest settings. On vanilla minecraft I get 40 fps on the same settings. My computer is a compaq cq57 which I know sucks lol. I would be happy with 15fps on tekkit. I have decreased my screen resolution, which didnt help. I have done everything I know of, only to get 5fps. I have upgraded the ram on the laptop from the default 2gb to 8gb. My graphics card is AMD Radeon HD 6250. I read that if you change it from your on board graphics to your graphics card you get more fps. I think that is with Nvida graphic cards only. I am up to any suggestions. Just please help with any ideas or suggestions.

Thanks

I had this problem with my Nvidia card. It was due to the fact that my Intel i7 processor has an integrated graphics chip and the java.exe process used by the Technic launcher wasn't using my Nvidia card. Unfortunately I do not know about what type of software AMD gave you with your drivers, but Nvidia's is called NVIDIA settings.

If you have something similar, check to see if you can add a program to a list and force your computer to use your AMD GPU instead of your integrated chip. The executable you want to allow is java.exe, found in C:\program files\java\jre7\bin\, although this is for 64-bit java. If you have 32-bit java but have a 64-bit operating system, you will probably want to do C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe.

Hopefully this helps.