Launcher mod info help!

Lightning_Reaper

I just recently downloaded the Technic/Tekkit launcher for minecraft. It works great and all except, im wondering if it can play other mods that arent in the tekkit launcher. If so then how do I add these mods?

One last thing: I never modded anything minecraft related so do I need a mod-launcher, or can I use the Technic launcher as a (mod loader/updater)?

*Edit: where can I download the aether mod? will it work with tekkit launcher?

In regards to your first question, that's exactly what the new custom zips feature is for. Go check the front page for a how-to.

I can't figure out what you're trying to ask in your second question, if you're looking for mods then the most centralized place I'm aware of is unfortunately the "official" Minecraft modding subforums. You could probably also find lists of mods across the interwebs if you googled "best minecraft mods" or something similar. The googling would be my preference due to the stupidity that tends to breed in the official Minecraft forums.

*Edit: where can I download the aether mod? will it work with tekkit launcher?

While I'm sure I'm not the only one who appreciates your use of the edit function instead of multiple posting, it can get fairly tricky to carry a conversation if you keep editing the OP instead of replying to someone else's post.

From my understanding, the Aether can be quite the pain to install on top of Tekkit/Technic. I'd suggest you avoid it if you aren't too familiar/comfortable with modding.

*If you intend to install it in a custom zip it should work fine. It's getting it to play nice with other mods that's the problem.

In regards to my double post, he forced my hand. I swear.