Launcher Can't Update for me to Play

Silvershot335

Question

Launcher Version: 3.1.2

Operating System: Windows Vista 34 Bit

Java Version: Version 7 Update 13 (Latest)

Antivirus Program: AVG

Description of Problem:

When I attempt to log in it says I can't update. I have no idea why... I've totally uninstalled and reinstalled... Cleared everything and reset. My account is valid and my computer can run the game without any problems... It's baffling to me...

Error Messages:

"Can't Update"

Error Log:

3 answers to this question

Yes it is very frustrating - Technic is really, really flaky.

PC won't play Tekkit Lite; Mac won't run Tekkit Classic.

Mac, won't change to selected build.

Have cleared cache, using latest .jar version on Mac.

Nothing works and the myriad suggested solutions around the web don't do a thing.

All of this and Mojang still can't fix the basic Mac issue where you cannot drop a single item from a stack onto the crafting table, making the game all but unplayable for many people.

Macs seem to be basically an afterthought for just about anyone doing anything with Minecraft. Including Mojang.

OP: Have you tried turning off AVG? That is usually the issue. Sometimes you may need to actually uninstall AVG and download the pack (you can reinstall after the download). I would also recommend getting a free (and IMO better) AV like Avast! or Microsoft Security essentials.

Skateboarder_H and JuiceBoxFox: Have you looked at the sticky that deals with Macs? Have you tried posting a bug report? If not I would suggest you do those (in that order)