White screen when launching launcher

Pesoen

Question

Launcher Version: 1.1.2.0

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium

Java Version: Java 7 Update 13 64-bit

Antivirus Program: Microsoft Security Essentials

Description of Problem:

when i launch tekkit i get a white screen, all objects are there, they just dont show up, i can click the options button and it will open a small window with a black box in it.but when i launch it with 32-bit java it runs just fine, i just wanna play it with 64-bit so i can use 8 GB ram instead of 1,5. i have tried disabling my antivirus and firewall, none worked(did not think it would but have hlped others) if possible i will post pictures(first bug report so i dont know what i can and can't do yet)

Error Messages:

Error Log:

10 answers to this question

ADDITIONAL INFO: forgot to say another small bug i have, when i launch tekkit with the launcher, it sometimes just closes, and the next time it opens fine.(first time creates a rtemp file and second time its gone)

i can use tekkit with java 64-bit if i uninstall it, restart and reinstall it, and it works untill next restart.

I am having the same problem with the same update of Java (Java 64-bit Update 13). It seems to be a problem that only occurs with the 64-bit version of Java. 32-bit Java works fine.

And the post you mentioned does not contain a related bug.

The launcher freezes on a white screen when I log in.

Sometimes the lwjgl (Light Weight Java Games Library) binaries just don't work for everyone.

Disable lwjgl by opening the launcher and clicking "Options" above the log in field. Then uncheck

"Use latest LWJGL binaries"

Quoted directly from the post in question.

The launcher freezes on a white screen when I log in.

Sometimes the lwjgl (Light Weight Java Games Library) binaries just don't work for everyone.

Disable lwjgl by opening the launcher and clicking "Options" above the log in field. Then uncheck

"Use latest LWJGL binaries"

Quoted directly from the post in question.

Notice that this is AFTER logging in, while we can't even login. Our bug occurs in the launcher, not in Minecraft.

EDIT : I just updated to Java Update 15 for both 64 and 32 bits, but that didn't change anything. And if you are wondering, the launcher does not use LWJGL.

My apologies for confusion. I don't pretend to know alot of this stuff, I just try to help the best I can with the knowledge and resources at hand. And he said that launching the game still means he "Can't see what he's doing", which indicates the problem persists after logging in, which leads me to think the LWJGL is giving a fit.

Now one curious thing I breezed over the first time, was that installing java worked until the next reboot of the machine.... Thats not exactly a common way for problems to manifest. At the same time, the issue isn't Java, Windows seven, launcher version, or Bit type, for I am running 7-64 with JRE7-15, which is leading me to look at the LWJGL drivers, because those are very finnicky, and literally just fail to work from time to time. The alternative explanation would be something in your computer hardware itself thats disagreeing with this setup.

i have tried the sollutions, and none seem to work for me. and Chefsbrian, i looked through common problems and sollutions and tried all before posting this..

the beta worked for me now, just needed to launch as admin.