Unable to authenticate account with minecraft.net

Kikaimaru

Question

Launcher Version: 1.1.2.0

Operating System: Windows 7 x64

Java Version: JDK 1.6

Antivirus Program:

Description of Problem:

When you try to run tekkit with JDK (instead of JRE) launcher will be unable to authenticate account (with no additional errors in log). And such error is very confusing.

Error Messages:

Unable to authenticate account with minecraft.net

Error Log:

10 answers to this question

Why are you trying to run in JDK? just use JRE, like its supposed to be used. If your trying to use the Dev Kit to override the authentication process of minecraft, the Technic launcher will refuse anything other than a direct connection with the minecraft site, plain and simple. We don't help pirate accounts.

Because I run minecraft on pc that did not have JRE, since I use it for java development.

I do not care if I can not use JDK, but if tekkit launcher does not work with JDK, you should not be able to launch the launcher with it. And not just see completely irrelevant message like "Unable to authenticate account with minecraft.net"

"We don't help pirate accounts."

Wtf? How can you even assume something like that from this bug report? I submit a bug report and someone just starts accusing me of piracy because of it? And I highly doubt that there is something in place that could prevent such things...

My apologies, but as far as I'm aware, the problem isn't with the technic client, but its with Minecraft itself, which is booted by the technic client. Minecraft won't run in anything other than JRE, else one could feasibly use JDK to "Fake" an authentication response from the Minecraft server (So far as I'm aware, at least)

So the Launcher doesn't care, but the communication to the Minecraft server will fail under JDK.

Addendum: This is from my avaliable knowledge. The error could be in the minecraft setup, the error could be in the communication between the launcher and the minecraft system itself.

It did tell you what was wrong.

Well actually I've had to find on my own that this is caused by using JDK. Since most answers for posts on this topic was to restart pc :)

And if someone used tekkit on computer with JDK, without any knowledge of java I highly doubt that he would ever think about resolving "Authentication error" issue by looking what kind of java he has installed.

All the same, Authentication errors can't really be solved by us.

No, but confusing error messages can. This is not minecraft issue, minecraft works fine with JDK. Its issue with tekkit launcher that can't work with JDK. And instead of saying so, it tells me that there is authentication error. In what way, is using JDK an authentication error?

By the way even if it was minecraft issue (which is not) it would still be nice if launcher informed you...

You didn't, per chance, have your minecraft account changed into a Mojang account, did you? That questions towards both of you.

I did, but thats not the issue (even if its the cause of auth error). Issue is confusing error message caused by using JDK.