World not loading chunks?

powpufgu

Idk if this is the correct place to post this but why not put it here.. move it if necessary please.

I've looked all over the place for this problem and I've tried a lot of different things.. i've uninstalled Java 32 bit, re-installed Java 64 bit, tried a clean download of the server files and Technic Launcher.exe still... nothing.. So here is my problem.

D2kCpVF

Link to the picture just in case you cant see it: http://imgur.com/D2kCpVF

I'm connecting through: Hamachi (note: I've tried connecting through my IP and my Localhost and no change.)

Launch.bat file

java -Xmx3G -Xms2G -jar Tekkit.jar nogui

pause

note: I've tried to decrease my ram and increase my ram usage in my Launch.bat so i know thats not the problem. 

Server Properties:

#Minecraft server properties

#Fri Feb 22 05:41:09 PST 2013

allow-nether=true

level-name=world

enable-query=false

allow-flight=false

server-port=25565

level-type=DEFAULT

enable-rcon=false

level-seed=

server-ip=25.137.186.106

max-build-height=256

spawn-npcs=true

white-list=false

spawn-animals=true

online-mode=true

pvp=true

difficulty=1

gamemode=0

max-players=20

spawn-monsters=true

generate-structures=true

view-distance=15

motd=A Minecraft Server

I'm using latest server build with latest tekkit classic build. I haven't really had this problem until today.. i dont know what i may have done to cause this problem.

My PC specs should be more than enough to run a server and my game at the same time.. but because you guys are going to want to know my specs before helping me with anything...

here they are:

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500 (non-k) 3.3GHz over clocked to to 3.5GHz

GPU: Geforce GTX 550ti

Mother board: Gigabyte P67A-D3-B3

RAM: 2x (4GB) RAM sticks

HDD: 1TB

External HDD: 1TB

I'm not...seeing the problem, unless you're talking about far-away chunks not loading. That's somewhat normal. However, I'd reduce the RAM usage of the server from 2-3 to 1-2 GB, and max out your client at 1-1.5 GB to give Java a place to clear garbage out at. It looks like you have a lot of red alloy wire connecting stuff, and if that's on a timer or other cycling controller, it can cause a lot of memory use issues, especially if it's got a short cycle time.

So, more specifics about the in-game setup are necessary, especially if it's changed or been added to recently.

• 2 weeks later...

You can use blocks in the game called dimensional anchors.

Don't use them if you have a low end server however because they can cause serious lag/crashes

Cheers

i have a decent computer that can run quite a lot of things but i haven't run into anything that has "lagged/crashed" on my computer before. it wasn't a fps or connection issue. the chunks just weren't loading. only 1 chunk was loading and that was the chunk that i was currently standing on/floating over. still no fps/connection lags

I'm not...seeing the problem, unless you're talking about far-away chunks not loading. That's somewhat normal. However, I'd reduce the RAM usage of the server from 2-3 to 1-2 GB, and max out your client at 1-1.5 GB to give Java a place to clear garbage out at. It looks like you have a lot of red alloy wire connecting stuff, and if that's on a timer or other cycling controller, it can cause a lot of memory use issues, especially if it's got a short cycle time.

So, more specifics about the in-game setup are necessary, especially if it's changed or been added to recently.

thanks! that cleared up my problem. i had too much red alloying wiring. in fact i had about 30x50 block radius of red alloy wire powering lamps for my quarry. taking into consideration of what you said after removing all of the alloy wiring it fixed the loading issue.