Tekkit Classic Map Rendering/Sharing

Create google style overhead map of your Tekkit Classic World! :D

BYfmpTE.jpg

I created a website called Minecraft World Map almost 2 years ago and with my recent interest in Tekkit, I've decided to spend the time to modify overviewer to work with Tekkit worlds.

I've got it working quite well with Tekkit Classic 3.1.x worlds and I'm planning on continuing the progress for Tekkit Lite, Voltz, and Hack/Mine in the future.

Anyway, I'd appreciate it if you came on over and uploaded some of your Tekkit Classic worlds and help me test this beta render engine.

Website URL: www.minecraftworldmap.com

Thread with more info: http://www.minecraftworldmap.com/forum/Thread-Tekkit-Support

I'd love to hear feedback to help gauge the interest on whether I should continue down this path.

Mods: Sorry if this is posted in the wrong spot. I thought this was the most appropriate section...

Looks awesome, I've been using it on your site.

I see that you also have the source on Github, would it be possible for you to post a compiled version? I'm having trouble getting it to compile as per the instructions on the original overviewer project.

Thanks for you hard work.

Yeah I've modified the overviewer mapping program to work with Tekkit which is open source so the code is posted on github. They haven't provided binaries for some of the current versions either and I'm not too sure how to go about doing that... ?

I use Linux to compile so I can help with that but I've never gotten it to work on Windows (and haven't tried a whole lot).

These are the docs on how to build with overviewer: http://docs.overviewer.org/en/latest/building/

I finally got it to compile, the original Overviewer documentation didn't specify which versions of Python and PIL to use. I wanted to ask your permission to post the compiled binary, seeing as you ask for donations on your site, and I don't want to take anything away from your work.

• 7 years later...