I can't get the server to run.

pieatopian

I have watched many installation videos i follow them exactly but when i try to run the launch.bat that should start the server but when i do it it says

C:\Users\Amber\Desktop\Voltz>java -Xmx3G -Xms1G -jar Voltz.jar nogui

'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

C:\Users\Amber\Desktop\Voltz>pause

Press any key to continue . . .

and when i press any key it just goes away so i do not know what is wrong and need help i have windows 8 and an asus computer

Google is your friend! Do a google search for Java, and I garauntee you'll find it, just like anything else. It's the very first result.

http://www.java.com/en/

i downloaded java i redownloaded and tried the server again it still said

C:\Users\Amber\Desktop\Voltz>java -Xmx3G -Xms1G -jar Voltz.jar nogui

'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

C:\Users\Amber\Desktop\Voltz>pause

Press any key to continue . . .

I'd try rebooting, if you haven't already. For some reason, the installer is not registering the java executive's location in your environment variables in Windows. I would imagine it's an issue with Windows 8, but I've never had Java not do that. :(

Also, make sure that you have a 'java.exe' in C:\Windows\System32 and/or one in your C:\Windows\SysWOW64 folder, depending on whether you are running the x86 or x64 version of Windows.

i do not have java.exe in either of them so would i just need to move it or do i have to redownload java into that folder

Well, the installer should have put them there. If they aren't there, then it isn't installing properly. Why that is the case depends on a lot of things. When you downloaded it, which browser did you download it with? Internet Explorer? Chrome?

Well, the installer should have put them there. If they aren't there, then it isn't installing properly. Why that is the case depends on a lot of things. When you downloaded it, which browser did you download it with? Internet Explorer? Chrome?

chrome

Hey Pieatopian, here's a tip that will help you out for the rest of your computer using life. When you get an error like

'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Simply copy this error, and paste it into a search engine like Google.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q='java' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Now simply click the first few links, and try to find a solution that sounds reasonable.

link 1

link 2