Please Help Me. (Mac)

This is the only place i could figure out where to post something, so im sorry if it is in the wrong place. as goes here is my problem i am facing, i just bought a new mac book pro, and i have just downloaded the technic launcher for mac from the technic website, now the problem is when i try and run the program from my downloads folder is says it cant run it because it is not an authorized source to be more specific it says this exactly "“TechnicLauncher.jar” can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer. Your security preferences allow installation of only apps from the Mac App Store and identified developers." I do not know what this means, as this is my first ever mac product besides an iPod Touch.

after 4 hours of searching this forign product i have finnaly managed to achieve my goal, for anyone interested in how i did so you just go to privacy and security, and make it so they can come from anywere, you will need to unlock it though, which requires an admisitrator password.