Hello I am new to tekkit and I am having trouble with my machines

I have a solar panel and I geothermal machine that I want to hook up to my machines and it worked before but after I made some small modifications, they keep blowing up so i switched to glass cables. I also connected both power sources to a MFSU that is then hooked to a HV,MV, and LV transformer and it doesn't seem to work anymore. I only have it hooked up to a rotary macerator, electric furnace, and a centrifuge extractor. TFDSjBmPhe EU is currently 512/t I know its high as hell but it still isn't running. Can someone please help? I included an image as well.

IndustrialCraft electricity doesn't work like real life. It is much more simplistic. Basically there are two terms you need to know about.

The first is energy units per tick (a tick is 1/20th of a second, the shortest delay of a repeater). This is often abbreviated to EU/t. All generators (regular, solar, geothermal, and so on) produce a certain amount of EU/t. For generators is is 10 EU/t, and solar panels produce 1 EU/t. This can be measured with an EU meter by clicking on the wire or machine twice. All IndustrialCraft machines require a certain amount of energy units per operation.

The second term is energy units per packet (shortened to EU/p). IndustrialCraft generators send energy through the wires in the form of packets. The size of the packet is what really matters though.

Let's use a generator as an example, it produces 10 EU/t, or rather it sends out one 10 EU sized packet (10 EU/p). Most machines in IndustrialCraft can handle up to 32 EU sized packets (32 EU/p). Now lets say we have four generators hooked up to the same wire. Each produce one 10 EU/p, so they send four 10 EU/p to a machine. The machine does not blow up. The reason for this is that you do not add packet sizes together. They do not form a 40 EU/p, instead the machine receives four 10 EU/p. The trick is, machines and wires can accept an infinite amount of packets, but only a limited SIZE of a single packet.

Now let's say we want to store our power in a battery box. The batbox can accept 32 EU/p before exploding, just like copper cables. It will also output 32 EU sized packets, so most machines will be able to run directly off a batbox. The problem occurs when we want to use higher tire storage devices. An MFE is considered medium voltage. It can accept, and output 128 EU/p (Batbox is low voltage at 32 EU/p). In order to break up this 128 EU sized packet, we will need to use a transformer. The three dot side of the transformer is the input for the larger sized packet, and the single dot sides are the output of the smaller packets.

Let's say our 4 generators have been charging up our MFE for a while at 10 EU/t sending out 10 EU/p each tick. Since the MFE can accept up to 128 EU/p it is perfectly happy sucking up the power. Now say we want to send our power to a machine such as a macerator. The macerator can only handle 32 EU/p, so we will need to split our 128 EU/p up. The solution is a low voltage transformer. When our MFE sends 128 EU/p down the line (gold cables can handle 128 EU/p, not copper) it hits the transformer. It is then split up into four 32 EU sized packets. All four of these packets then go to power the macerator.

The same holds true for high voltage. In that case use high voltage cable instead of gold.

The final thing you must know is EU loss. Copper cables are not too bad. Each EU/p travling through them looses one EU every 5 blocks. So our 10 EU/p from out generator becomes a 9 EU/p after 5 blocks in a copper cable. Gold is 2 blocks, and high voltage is every block. The solution to this is to use glass fiber. Glass fiber can handle up to 512 EU/p (high voltage) and only loses one EU every 40 blocks.

The last kind of cable is low voltage. It only loses one EU every 40 blocks, however it can only carry 5 EU/p. This means that a batbox output will burn it up. It's main use is to collect energy from generators that don't produce much by themselves. Solar panels send out 1 EU/p as well as water mills, and wind turbines produce up to 5 EU/p. You don't want these small packets from your power generators to go to waste, so use these low voltage cables to carry EU packets from your solar panels to your batbox, and then use copper to carry 32 EU/p from your batbox to your machines.

Note: One of the few machines that can accept high voltage is the mass fabricator. The quicker it gets power the better, so hook it up directly to your high voltage line.

If you need anything else clarified, please post below.

Hi, I registered to make a question about EU but I figure I'll steal the thread since it's already about this :P

I had my first HV solar array set up yesterday, and used glass fiber cabling to have it go through a MSFU -> HV transformer -> MV transformer -> LV transformer

From there, it went down to my laboratory.

Everything was working fine until I had a few batboxes, 2 macerators, 2 electric ovens blown to hell.

I don't get why. Could it be the power was too much? I misplaced the transformers? (could be)

Or there is something else I don't know that would lead the machines to overload after a bit? (just answering this question is enough to let me know where to look, actually).

P.S. The Mass fabricator accepts High Voltage, not extreme voltage, so don't attach it directly to a nuclear reactor outputting more than 512 eu/p

I have a solar panel and I geothermal machine that I want to hook up to my machines and it worked before but after I made some small modifications, they keep blowing up so i switched to glass cables. I also connected both power sources to a MFSU that is then hooked to a HV,MV, and LV transformer and it doesn't seem to work anymore. I only have it hooked up to a rotary macerator, electric furnace, and a centrifuge extractor. The EU is currently 512/t I know its high as hell but it still isn't running. Can someone please help? I included an image as well.

Your image link appears broken, so it's going to be hard to tell how you're set up. However, MFSUs don't need HV transformers, as they're not putting out extreme voltage. That could be screwing up your power system. For Daemon, the same is true of HV solar arrays. Also be sure the transformers are facing the right direction, as warpspeed mentioned.

Everything was working fine until I had a few batboxes, 2 macerators, 2 electric ovens blown to hell.

I don't get why. Could it be the power was too much? I misplaced the transformers? (could be)

Or there is something else I don't know that would lead the machines to overload after a bit? (just answering this question is enough to let me know where to look, actually).

P.S. The Mass fabricator accepts High Voltage, not extreme voltage, so don't attach it directly to a nuclear reactor outputting more than 512 eu/p

The power was too high, since that's the only thing that causes machines to explode (nothing else does it, except creepers and things of that nature). I'm guessing misplaced transformers, or power cable that found a route around them. I've personally lost 24 Recyclers all at once to a route-around.

P.S. Yes, Mass Fabs are a very bad thing to feed EV to.

Eh, what confuses me the most is that they blew up like 30 seconds one from the other :|

Bah, I'm going to redo the whole place anyway, I'll see what happens after that.

From what I understood there is no limit to how much power can get through a transformer right?

Because I am connecting 16 2030 eu/t nuclear reactors to one :|