Outdated H/M Server

Arrowboy

So I've set up a server. I'm almost done but now when I try to log into it, it says "Outdated H/M Server" I'm using H/M version 0.6.4.2 and the Server says version v1.2.3. I really confused. I'm probably just being stupid or missing something obvious, but if anyone could point it out to me I'd really appreciate it.

Are you running the same version that your server is running? If not, you will need to update your server, or downgrade your client.

"Outdated H/M server" occurs when the client's version is higher than the server's version.

"So I've set up a server. I'm almost done but now when I try to log into it, it says "Outdated H/M Server." I'm using H/M version 0.6.4.2 and the server says version v1.2.3. I'm really confused. I'm probably just being stupid or missing something obvious, but if anyone could point it out to me I'd really appreciate it."

This doesn't add up. There was never a v1.2.3 for H/M. The version you are specifying is the Minecraft version, not the H/M version.

Run your server using the original server .jar file. Do not use a .bat file (if you have one). When the server is first launched, there will be lines of info in the box on the right. Direct yourself to the top line. It should say:

"Running Hack/Mine server v(version number) for Minecraft 1.2.3."

Check the version number, along with your Hack/Mine client's version, and downgrade or update your client and server.

How to update your client:

-Via the Technic Launcher

Go to the Hack/Mine icon. Click the Options icon at the bottom left of the Hack/Mine icon (the square box with a gear in it), and click "Manually select a build." You should now see the "Select build" box can be changed. Change it to any version you desire, then press Save, and launch as usual. It should take a little while before launching, because Technic is downloading the version you chose.

-Manually

Download the version of choice at the Minecraft Forums, and follow the instructions included at the page. Install into your .minecraft folder. Delete META-INF before launching.

How to update your server:

Download the version of choice at the Minecraft Forums, and follow the instructions included at the page. Install into your server's folder. Delete META-INF before launching.

IMPORTANT: HOW TO FIND YOUR .minecraft FOLDER (if you didn't know yet)

Press START (the button on the bottom left of your Desktop), and type in %appdata% in the search bar. Tap enter and be greeted with the Roaming folder, then enter the .minecraft folder (should be at the very top).