Need Help Making Strange Matter - Voltz 1.1.3

ZeroWire

For some reason, the older styles of strange matter generators (a 4-long, open ended accelerator) won't work anymore. I've tried looking around youtube, google, and other locations for help, but so far I haven't found anyone who knows how to make a successful strange matter generator. I tried using the other method (taking two particle accelerators and slamming their particles into one another by pointing their ends at one another) but that doesn't work either, and getting both particles to arrive at the same point at the same time seems impossible as well.

I even tried downgrading Voltz to 1.1.2, but I still can't manage to get any of the designs to produce even a single piece of strange matter. I could really use some help, as I'd quite like to get an atomic assembler up and running.

ok, problem found: You cannot create strange matter in 1.1.3, (atomic science v. 0.4.1) so no strange matter unless you update atomic science

So how do I update Atomic Science independently of every other mod in the pack? I'd really like to get around to making strange matter in 1.1.3.

So how do I update Atomic Science independently of every other mod in the pack? I'd really like to get around to making strange matter in 1.1.3.

i failed when trying to place the newer .jar file in the "mods" folder, so i cant help you. i'm stuck in the same situation as you

actually, after some testing, i found that there is no atomic science that has the new nuclear system, that also has a working particle accelerator, except 0.4.1 wich doesnt allow the creation of strange matter :c

if you pick the ones for 1.4.7 you can test using .jar files from here.

http://www.universalelectricity.com/?m=atomic_science&p=downloads

I'm not sure what to do with these files, as I don't know how minecraft mods work, to be honest. I don't know the code, many of the file locations, or much else about how to make them work (I rely on the launchers mostly to get it in place, as I don't know the correct locations of where everything goes).

Does anyone know when they'll be fixing this problem, or are they planning on removing strange matter from Atomic Science completely?

I'm not sure what to do with these files, as I don't know how minecraft mods work, to be honest. I don't know the code, many of the file locations, or much else about how to make them work (I rely on the launchers mostly to get it in place, as I don't know the correct locations of where everything goes).

Does anyone know when they'll be fixing this problem, or are they planning on removing strange matter from Atomic Science completely?

the problem is fixed in newer versions, but the technic pack crew is painfully slow at releasing updated versions.

if you download a .jar file, you can replace old ones at C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\.techniclauncher\voltz\mods

strange matter is an important bit of Voltz/UE so i dont think they will remove it. you can do it the complicated way and get a fully updated thingy from the UE website, for MC 1.5.1 that has strange matter and everything working. but that is not to ask me to help you here. on the current Voltz version strange matter cant be made.

the problem is fixed in newer versions, but the technic pack crew is painfully slow at releasing updated versions.

if you download a .jar file, you can replace old ones at C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\.techniclauncher\voltz\mods

strange matter is an important bit of Voltz/UE so i dont think they will remove it. you can do it the complicated way and get a fully updated thingy from the UE website, for MC 1.5.1 that has strange matter and everything working. but that is not to ask me to help you here. on the current Voltz version strange matter cant be made.

The ones that you recommended before, the ones for minecraft 1.4.7, all are a variant of version 0.4.1, the bugged version that you said doesn't work. Which ones should I download? The newest ones in the section of the atomic science page that you linked me to before that correspond with version 1.4.7 are 0.4.1.162, and its API file. Are these the ones I need to download to get it to work, or should I try downloading one of the other versions?

try this one(BE WARNED, the graphical UI of the particle accelerator is gone, you can still use it by shift-clicking though)

http://adf.ly/1957614/calclavia.com/download.php?d=as/&f=AtomicScience_v0.3.8.154.jar

Just tried it. I still can't get strange matter for some reason. I made sure that Voltz was at version 1.1.3, replaced the atomic science file in Voltz's folder with the one your link led to, but still I can't make strange matter; it just won't work.

i never tested that version i gave you, just took the other rec. one for 1.4.7

but in my opinion i surely read that this was an bug only occuring in 0.4.1 versions

seems like we have to wait for an update then

EDIT: had some strange matter generators running, none of them gave me strange matter, testing other versions...

i never tested that version i gave you, just took the other rec. one for 1.4.7

but in my opinion i surely read that this was an bug only occuring in 0.4.1 versions

seems like we have to wait for an update then

EDIT: had some strange matter generators running, none of them gave me strange matter, testing other versions...

I just went back to an older version of Voltz which had working SM Generators. I have no idea when they'll update Voltz again though, so I have no idea when they'll bring Atomic Science up to its most recent revision (with working SM Generation). Any idea as to when they'll have the next Voltz update?