Custom modpack dowloads properly but boots as vanilla

PJ Price

Ok, so I've been trying tirelessly to make a modpack for me and a few friends and for a while absolutely nothing was working (i was packing things wrong in the .zip file) but now finally i got it to work properly it downloads the mods and all seemed to be running smoothly until it loaded up as vanilla. Checked the files all my mods are there (before it wasn't downloading anything) even the modpack.jar is there however its not loading up forge at all for some reason. I've looked around the forums and could not find the answer to this (not saying its not out there i just couldn't find it) so i was wondering if anyone else had this problem and if so how did you fix it. I already checked the modpack.jar and all it has in it is forge and optifine no minecraft.jar files are in my modpack.jar that would be piracy.

• 1 month later...

It's forage. Without even looking at the post I can tell it was not properly formatted/compressed. Is it for 1.4.7? If so have this:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/150323319/modpack.jar

The same file I have in all my 1.4.7 packs with optifine in it. Replace your modpack.jar with this one and tell me if it works. I bet my belt some of my pride it will.

It's forage. Without even looking at the post I can tell it was not properly formatted/compressed. Is it for 1.4.7? If so have this:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/150323319/modpack.jar

The same file I have in all my 1.4.7 packs with optifine in it. Replace your modpack.jar with this one and tell me if it works. I bet my belt some of my pride it will.

i replaced the files and when i luanched it, it loaded evrything up exept it didnt extract the modpack.jar and istead of that it said "1%..."

I know what was wrong with my jar. That was a from when I was still trying to figure packs out. Sorry about that!! Glad we did get a fix though!!

hey i had another problem and i hope you can help me

one of the mods im using is NEI and the problem is that i cant see in right side thing anything that is from minecraft vanilla i can see everything that is from mods but i cant see normal items like piston and redstone

i tried using other version of NEI from other modpacks like voltz or big dig but it still not working

hope u can help me

Holy run on sentence. Sorry for going grammar Nazi on you but I just don't see what what you are describing.

I think your saying non-mod items are not showing up in NEI. Sorry but I just don't know what might be causing that. I hope some else comes along who does.

Holy run on sentence. Sorry for going grammar Nazi on you but I just don't see what what you are describing.

I think your saying non-mod items are not showing up in NEI. Sorry but I just don't know what might be causing that. I hope some else comes along who does.

sorry for my english, and yes non mod items are not showing in NEI

and thank you anyway

• 3 weeks later...