can connect to server once when its fresh install

Robirt

I have a computer in my basement that has a vanilla, tekkit classic, tekkit lite, and voltz minecraft server on it. I can only connect to the tekkit classic. I am only able to connect to the tekkit lite server once and it is if I am the first person after a fresh install after that it wont work. I know they work because I have a friend the connects from his home and he does not have any trouble... I am behind a college net work as well however I don't think that has something to do with it because if I switch the ports so the lite server runs off the ports of the classic server it still does not work.

below I have 3 things that I have tried so far none have worked

1. dns flush

2. windows, java updates (client and host)

3. ports are forwarded and work as I have a tekkit classic server I can connect to.

4. the ports are not over lapping using 25565-25568(port are in order of above).

If anyone has any ideas what could cause this or why this please don't hesitate to post or spitball!!!

Client Error:

Internal exception: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

there server does only have 2GB or ram however I launch them all with

java -Xmx1G -Xms1G -jar TekkitLite.jar nogui

have seen no change using

java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar TekkitLite.jar nogui

I assume you wanted to say cant connect :P

Anyway, read timed out means that your client isn't getting a message back from the server about what should be happening. Which really doesn't narrow it down. So, can you join other Tekkit lite servers? Do your server and client version match up? If its none of those, sorry

haha yes I did mean cannot...

Also I did figure it out the problem was that the schools network was blocking the ports and minefcraft.

I managed to get around the problem by setting up a hamachi vpn network