connection issue with my own server?

jersey22

I'm not sure whats going on but I'm running a tekkit lan server that I downloaded from here http://thetekkit.wikia.com/wiki/Tutorial/How_to_make_a_Tekkit_Server

and I have my batch file set up like this

"C:Program Files (x86)Javajre7binjava.exe" -jar -Xmx1g -Xms1g "C:UsersJerseyDesktoptekkittekkit.jar" nogui

pause

and that starts it, I have it port forwarded and everything through my xfinity router now when I start it it starts up great no problems {3.870s!}

I then go to the technic launcher that I got from http://www.technicpack.net/download and I run tekkit and I go to multiplayer and then direct connect type in my ip for the server which I put in the server IP= area of the server file and I connect for a second and then disconnect. and I am using hamachi for the lan.

any Ideas guys I've been searching the net for hours now :( and I hope this is in the right place topic wise :/

Remove the Server IP, it'll default to the correct one if you leave it blank. You're going to have to use two different IPs to connect, one that you give to people who are outside your network, and one that you give to people that are inside your LAN. The one you give to outside people is your external IP, you can get it by googling "What's my external IP." and google just tells you. To connect to your own server you're going to use your internal IP which is given to you by your router. Open CMD and type "ipconfig," look for the IPv4. It'll look something like 192.168.1.x. Another trick is to use 127.0.0.1, which will always connect directly to your own computer. If your server is up and running correctly then 127.0.0.1 will always connect to it.

Edit-

Scratch my first instructions, I didn't read that you were using Hamachi. In that case you will fill in the IP= section with the IP that Hamachi gives you, which you probably already did. Test direct connect with 127.0.0.1 and see if you're able to get in.

Edit2 -

If you or your buddies are still not able to connect give this a shot. http://www.mpgh.net/forum/386-minecraft-server-advertising/247750-how-make-your-own-minecraft-server-hamachi.html

First do this, leave the IP= blank and try and connect with 127.0.0.1. If you still can't get into your server then, then there is something actually wrong with your server and not the IP you're trying to use.

Then change the IP= to the IP that Hamachi gives you, and change Online-Mode=True to Online-Mode=False.

Let's see if I've got this right..

Q: You are running both server and client off the same computer, and you're having trouble connecting to your own server?

A: To connect to your own server you should be able to type in your LAN-address, (127.0.0.1, might differ depending on hardware)

or you can connect by typing in localhost as the address you wish to connect to. (This is done through Minecraft -> Multiplayer -> Add server/Direct Connect)

Q: Your friends want to connect to your server through Hamachi, how is this accomplished?

A: Start up Hamachi, get a network running and have your friends join it. The IP they'll connect to is your Hamachi IP.

Shouldn't be a need to setup any IP in the server config at all.

The responses here are based off my memory of Hamachi, things might've changed since I used it, this isn't a recently tested solution for said problem.

You can/should try the methods I've mentioned, but they're not guaranteed to work for you.

Best of luck!