the technic launcher wont launch becuase i have java 7?

TicTacCreeper

Question

Launcher Version: build 224

Operating System: mac os x 10.7.5

Java Version: 1.7

Antivirus Program:

Description of Problem:

it says technic launcher and minecraft have incompatibility with java 7 but i cant downgrade to java six because when i tried it says that my oporating system is to high (10.7) i really dont know what to do

Error Messages:

Technic Launcher and Minecraft have incompatibility issues with Java 7 on OS X. Visit the following link for more information http://spout.in/macjava7

Error Log:

1 answer to this question

I've run into this before, and found persistence is the answer. Just quit the launcher and open it again, and eventually it will stop pestering you.

For some stupid reason, the TechnicLauncher.jar file thinks that having the Java 7 WEB PLUGIN is the same as having the Java 7 RUNTIME ENVIRONMENT. They are not the same. Minecraft doesn't need the Java web plugin to function, it needs the right version of JRE running in the core OS. AFAIK, this is still version 6 in 10.6/10.7/10.8, as evidenced by checking your java version from Terminal.

Open /Applications/Utilities/Terminal and type "java -version" without the quotes. Terminal should return something like:

java version "1.6.0_45"

Java SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_45-b06-451-11M4406)

Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.45-b01-451, mixed mode)

That version 1.6.0_45 is Java 6, not Java 7 as the error message would have you believe. I'm running the TechnicLauncher.jar in 10.8 with no issues, although that error message came up a few times when I first started using it. It eventually stopped coming up.