Server Noob Pls help me <3

dio

IM trying to start my server but it keeps telling me that I can't reach server. im using Tekkit server 1.0.5 ( the newest one?) and I have port 25565 forwarded but still having issues connecting, Someone pls help me get this started, i been trying to play with some friends for a while now

Make sure you're connecting to the IP on that exact port. e.g 123.45.678.9:25565

Also, make sure you have forwarded 25565 as TCP, and 25566 as UDP. (Depending on your Router you might have to "tell" it to forward those to your computers internal IP, eg. 10.0.0.120 / 192.168.0.120 etc. Found through cmd > ipconfig)

If your hosting locally you should also try to put your machine on a DMZ through your router. Make sure all firewalls have allowed access to the Java. A temporary solution to double check its not your firewall would be to temporarily turn them off. If this doesnt correct the issue then make sure the appropriate ports are forwarded through your router. If your unsure of how do set up port forwarding or DMZ on your router, try googling for answer. There are a lot of helpful tutorials out there on how to properly setup and forward ports.